DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Library plans (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/147524-library-plans.html)

Roy March 4th 06 08:55 PM

Library plans

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

Leon March 4th 06 11:26 PM

Library plans

"Roy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Have you checked the book store or local library yet, Roy?

Roy March 5th 06 03:46 AM

Library plans

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:26:50 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message
roups.com...
I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Have you checked the book store or local library yet, Roy?

I wish I was the Roy rich enough to afford a solid cherry library. But I can't justify that kind of
money for just one book, and it's not even colored yet.

Regards,
Roy (another one)

Edwin Pawlowski March 5th 06 03:52 AM

Library plans

"Roy" wrote in message

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry

I'm impressed. I'd have use regular 2 x 4s and sheetrock.

Leon March 5th 06 05:08 AM

Library plans

wrote:

I wish I was the Roy rich enough to afford a solid cherry library. But I
can't justify that kind of
money for just one book, and it's not even colored yet.

So you are not the OP Roy? ;~)

My wife has an Uncle that is an upper end home builder along with his sons
in Buffalo. Back in the late 90's his sons built he and his wife a home on
the out skirts of town that was a very nice 1 story. IIRC some where around
4,500 sqft. His office was solid cherry. Raised panel paneling, book
cases, floor, ceiling, desk, credenza, did I leave anything out? It was a
very inviting office.

Tom Watson March 5th 06 11:17 AM

Library plans

On 4 Mar 2006 12:55:25 -0800, "Roy" wrote:

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page2.htm

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

JPLipe March 5th 06 01:40 PM

Library plans

Try:

http://www.librarydesigns.com/

Lots of pretty pictures.

HTH,

John

bent March 5th 06 06:37 PM

Library plans

any know what the movie was, where the room walls, door, desk I think was
all the same wood. It looked like rosewood to me. Can't member now... I
think someone ended up going out the window.

Pat Barber March 6th 06 04:34 PM

Library plans

http://www.librarydesigns.com/home.htm

is the home page. These are "excellent" high end library
ideas.

Lenny March 10th 06 09:58 PM

Library plans

On 4 Mar 2006 12:55:25 -0800, "Roy" wrote:

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

FWIW
There are a couple pictures of a cherry library we did here ...
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Moore004.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Moore001.jpg

Lenny
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Work

Roy March 31st 06 01:31 AM

Library plans

Many thanks for your help. The room I am building looks remarkably
similar to one of yours. The Cherry I guess. Your pictures were very
helpful because I was having a design problem turning a corner and one
of your pictures showed exactly the technique that I needed.

Best regards

Roy

Roy March 31st 06 01:43 AM

Library plans

Many thanks for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. I
have already built half the room but the remaining half is going to be
built using some of the pictures from the site you suggested.

Best regards

Roy

Roy March 31st 06 01:45 AM

Library plans

Many tahnks for your help. This is a very helpful site.

Best regards

Roy