Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

Default Library plans

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Roy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Have you checked the book store or local library yet, Roy?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:26:50 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message
roups.com...
I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Have you checked the book store or local library yet, Roy?

I wish I was the Roy rich enough to afford a solid cherry library. But I can't justify that kind of
money for just one book, and it's not even colored yet.

Regards,
Roy (another one)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Roy" wrote in message

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry

I'm impressed. I'd have use regular 2 x 4s and sheetrock.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote:

I wish I was the Roy rich enough to afford a solid cherry library. But I
can't justify that kind of
money for just one book, and it's not even colored yet.

So you are not the OP Roy? ;~)

My wife has an Uncle that is an upper end home builder along with his sons
in Buffalo. Back in the late 90's his sons built he and his wife a home on
the out skirts of town that was a very nice 1 story. IIRC some where around
4,500 sqft. His office was solid cherry. Raised panel paneling, book
cases, floor, ceiling, desk, credenza, did I leave anything out? It was a
very inviting office.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On 4 Mar 2006 12:55:25 -0800, "Roy" wrote:

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page2.htm

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking
JPLipe

Try:

http://www.librarydesigns.com/

Lots of pretty pictures.

HTH,

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

any know what the movie was, where the room walls, door, desk I think was
all the same wood. It looked like rosewood to me. Can't member now... I
think someone ended up going out the window.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

http://www.librarydesigns.com/home.htm

is the home page. These are "excellent" high end library
ideas.

Roy wrote:

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lenny

On 4 Mar 2006 12:55:25 -0800, "Roy" wrote:

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid
cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to
build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for
ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can
anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

FWIW
There are a couple pictures of a cherry library we did here ...
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Moore004.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Moore001.jpg

Lenny
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Work
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

Many thanks for your help. The room I am building looks remarkably
similar to one of yours. The Cherry I guess. Your pictures were very
helpful because I was having a design problem turning a corner and one
of your pictures showed exactly the technique that I needed.

Best regards

Roy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

Many thanks for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. I
have already built half the room but the remaining half is going to be
built using some of the pictures from the site you suggested.

Best regards

Roy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

Many tahnks for your help. This is a very helpful site.

Best regards

Roy

The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
Library bed plans needed DDavid Woodworking 4 May 31st 05 04:43 AM
Woodworking Site (plans, library, archives, discounts): Glenn Fischer Woodworking 4 August 16th 04 05:09 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Books or plans to build a library. tnfkajs Woodworking 1 August 7th 03 12:40 AM