Posted to rec.woodworking
Lawrence L'Hote

Default I've Been Away

....for a while and now I'm back for a while. I wonder if anyone has used an
airbrush to selectively apply dark stain to wood to give it that 'aged'
look. For instance, around the corners or along the edges of a piece..

larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

...for a while and now I'm back for a while. I wonder if anyone has used an
airbrush to selectively apply dark stain to wood to give it that 'aged'
look. For instance, around the corners or along the edges of a piece..

larry

it's called 'shading', Larry. If you have a steady hand it's pretty
straight forward. I've got a Paasche that gets the job done.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message
...for a while and now I'm back for a while. I wonder if anyone has used
an airbrush to selectively apply dark stain to wood to give it that 'aged'
look. For instance, around the corners or along the edges of a piece..

ABSOLUTELY. I watched a furniture finish repair guy repair some furniture
with an airbrush. They use airbrushed to match multitudes of finishes that
have been damaged.

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:42:54 GMT, "Lawrence L'Hote" wrote:

...for a while and now I'm back for a while. I wonder if anyone has used an
airbrush to selectively apply dark stain to wood to give it that 'aged'
look. For instance, around the corners or along the edges of a piece..

larry

nope...
never been done...
wouldn't be prudent...

Welcome back, Larry!

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

....for a while and now I'm back for a while. I wonder if anyone has used an
airbrush to selectively apply dark stain to wood to give it that 'aged'
look. For instance, around the corners or along the edges of a piece..

larry

I haven't done it with stain but I have done so with tinted lacquer.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)