Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
rich

Default 220VAC Wiring question

Hi, All,

Today I just put in the conduit and wiring for my table saw due to
arrive in a day or so. I have 4 outlets along the wall, chest high,
5-6 feet between each box. My question is how to hook up the wires in
the main box. I have a separate 200 amp box for the garage/shop.

Inside are 2 empty ganged circuit breakers, unused, in addition to
the 120VAC breakers. They used to run a compressor and a welder per
the previous owner. The ganged circuit breakers have a screw on each
one to connect the wire. For 220VAC, do I run the two "hot" wires to
each one of the screws? The neutral, white, goes to the ground strip,
I could find that easily. And does it matter red/black wires, which
goes to which part of the socket? (except the neutral/ground).

And, if I had a good meter, I would use it, but I'm at my
"summer"house where this is all happening. And 1700 miles is too far
to go back and pick it up!

Thanks to all for any help!

Regards,

Rich.....