Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default How to pronounce Shedua Utile, and Chechen?

Sadly my dictionary doesn't recognize them as woods.

Sheh-doo-ah? Shed-oo-ah? Shee-do-ah?
Yu-tile? Yu-til? Yut-il?
Chee-chehn? Che-Chehn? Chech-ehn?

Rather OT, but zoology is pronounced exactly as it is spelled; zo-ol-o-gy.
Not zoo-ol-o-gy, like I always thought.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Limey Lurker

Utile = You-tea-lee

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"Toller" wrote:

Sadly my dictionary doesn't recognize them as woods.

Sheh-doo-ah? Shed-oo-ah? Shee-do-ah?

Ah-Do-Wah-Wah!

Yu-tile? Yu-til? Yut-il?

We-tile!

Chee-chehn? Che-Chehn? Chech-ehn?

Chong!

Sorry, couldn't resist. )

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Toller" wrote in message
news
Sadly my dictionary doesn't recognize them as woods.

Sheh-doo-ah? Shed-oo-ah? Shee-do-ah?
Yu-tile? Yu-til? Yut-il?
Chee-chehn? Che-Chehn? Chech-ehn?

Rather OT, but zoology is pronounced exactly as it is spelled; zo-ol-o-gy.
Not zoo-ol-o-gy, like I always thought.

Ok, I have to yank your chain on this one. LOL.
In an international forum you will probably get 4 or 5 different and correct
answers.
Ask a Bostonian how to pronounce Drawers, Drawing, Park, Garden, Saw and you
will most likely get, Draws, Drawerings, Pok, God'en, and Sawer.
Equally odd I have seen Chest of Drawers spelled Chest of Draws.

That said, it takes a smart person to be able to pronounce and spell a word
more than one way.