Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Helpful Wood Supplier

Had a chance to check out a new (to me) wood supplier in my area.
Peach State Lumber Products in Marietta, GA.

The staff was quite friendly and helpful, giving me an impromptu tour
of the facilities. They carry a wide variety of exotics, as well as
domestics, and the prices are in line or slightly better than other
"wholesale/retail" distributors that I have visited in this area.

They must do a pretty brisk business, because everyone was humping
while I was there.

Although they have a simple web site, it doesn't do justice to the
variety of woods actually available.

Wood Species:
Most Standard Domestics including:

Alder
Ash
Basswood
Beech
Birch
Cedar - Aromatic, Western Red, and Spanish
Cherry *
Cypress
Hickory (Some looked like Pecan)
Maple - Hard, Soft, Ambrosia, Curly, and Birdseye.
Oak - Red and White
Pine - Ponderosa, White, Yellow
Poplar
Walnut

Exotics included:

African Ebony $$
Bloodwood
Bubinga
Black Limba
Black Palm (although I believe it was actually Singapore Red Palm)
Canarywood
Cocobola
Ipe (a ton of S4S decking/trim as well)
Iroko
Jatoba
Lacewood (Australian)
Padauk
Purpleheart
Peruvian Walnut
Honduras Rosewood
Sapele
Teak
Wenge
Yellowheart
Zebrawood

* General Observations:

The only real disappointments were the Cherry that is available, not
only here, but at other dealers as well. Having recently sliced up a
wild Cherry tree, I have become accustomed to the color and grain of
extended growth wood. The Cherry available for sale is pathetic in
comparison. American Black Walnut also seems to have increasing
quantities of sapwood left in as well as gnarly grain.

As always, no relation to, financial interest in, or connection to
this particular business.

FWIW,

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

They must do a pretty brisk business, because everyone was humping
while I was there.

LOL Yeah, just like the massage parlor down the street.

Did you not mean to use that word or does it mean something else in
georgia?

brian

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

brianlanning said:

They must do a pretty brisk business, because everyone was humping
while I was there.

LOL Yeah, just like the massage parlor down the street.

Did you not mean to use that word or does it mean something else in
georgia?

Heh, heh...

Probably not the choicest of words to use...
In _G_eorgia, as elsewhere in the US,
the intended slang definition is:

"To exert oneself."

I won't list the other possible definitions... ;-)

FWIW,

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

"brianlanning" wrote in message
oups.com...
They must do a pretty brisk business, because everyone was humping
while I was there.

LOL Yeah, just like the massage parlor down the street.

Did you not mean to use that word or does it mean something else in
georgia?

brian

Never been in the military eh?

It just means you are doing a really strenuous activity,,