Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is he talking about - "Blend Al Powders"???

I'm investigating "make your own stain" using aniline powders. While
Googling around, I stumbled across a posting in a private forum (more
than a year old) which you may read he
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...83&postcount=6

Of particular interest was the statement:
Sounds like what you were using was an Aniline Powder
Stain (Dye). These have been around forever and generally
used by professionals. Today, there are Blend Al powders
which are more versatile and can be mixed with most
finishing chemicals to tint or even make stains.

What is a "Blend Al powder?" (That's A-el, not A-one). I assumed that
"Al" means aluminum, but I am unable to find a source for an "aluminum
powder" which would serve the same type of general purpose as aniline
powders.

The guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about... but I don't.
Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm investigating "make your own stain" using aniline powders. While
Googling around, I stumbled across a posting in a private forum (more
than a year old) which you may read he
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...83&postcount=6

Of particular interest was the statement:
Sounds like what you were using was an Aniline Powder
Stain (Dye). These have been around forever and generally
used by professionals. Today, there are Blend Al powders
which are more versatile and can be mixed with most
finishing chemicals to tint or even make stains.

What is a "Blend Al powder?" (That's A-el, not A-one). I assumed that
"Al" means aluminum, but I am unable to find a source for an "aluminum
powder" which would serve the same type of general purpose as aniline
powders.

That is a typo. It should read , there are "Blend All" powders which are
more versatile and can be mixed with most finishing chemicals...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Mahanke

It's a stain powder made by Mohawk finishing products. Here's the link:
http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/cata...asp?ictNbr=130
It's primarily meant for touchup work.

Homestead Finishing also supplies dry powder stains.

http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/ht...ndrycolors.htm

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Max Mahanke wrote:
It's a stain powder made by Mohawk finishing products. Here's the link:
http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/cata...asp?ictNbr=130

Yes, thank you, I'm sure the guy on that private forum did mean
"Blendal" brand from Mohawk.

Homestead Finishing also supplies dry powder stains.
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/ht...ndrycolors.htm

Thanks also for that info!

--
http://DavidFilmer.com