Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Norvin

Default Shelve plans

My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any
designs of my own.
Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Norvin" wrote in message
m...
My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any designs
of my own.
Thanks

Shelves are pretty much a flat board. Some are a series of flat boards one
atop the other with space between. What do you want to know or what special
requirements do you have?

Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Norvin wrote:

My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or
two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I
would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any
designs of my own.

Rubber stamps? Odd thing to collect. I live very near Cleveland...
home of the Free Stamp... the world's largest rubber stamp. Maybe it
would interest her. I've seen it up close and it's a wonder to
behold...

http://images.google.com/images?q=cleveland+free+stamp

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Wave Jumper

Here's a website with a picture that's similar to what I started with and
still love:
http://www.frenchenvy.com/

Here's a site that has suggestions that may be of help:
http://www.littlebit.com/storage/storage-stamps.htm

Why not do a Google search? Type in rubber+stamp+storage and see what you
come up with. Your daughter may want to help with this. I'm assuming she
makes greeting cards with her rubber stamps. You may need extra space
because she'll want it before long for all those rubber stamps she can't
pass up. LOL. She may even want to think about using an un-mounted system
which would save her a lot of room. Here is a site that will show you what
I have been using the last couple years:
http://www.rubberstampconcepts.com/

Good luck and I hope she enjoys this craft as much as I do.

SAD

On 2/8/06 7:33 PM, in article
, "Norvin"
wrote:

My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any
designs of my own.
Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Andy

I don't know of any specific plans, but one thing you might want to
consider is a glass or acrylic door/cover over the front of the shelf.
SWMBO doesn't like dusting, and has informed me that it might be nice
to eventually have bookshelves with some kind of covers, as this would
decrease dusting time. OK, sure - after the bed, the coffee table, the
blanket chest, the rocking chair...
Just something to think about.
Good luck,
Andy

Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
CW

Take a walk through a craft store. Rubber stamps are a big thing lately. Not
only factory made ones but carving them.

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Rubber stamps? Odd thing to collect. I live very near Cleveland...
home of the Free Stamp... the world's largest rubber stamp. Maybe it
would interest her. I've seen it up close and it's a wonder to
behold...

http://images.google.com/images?q=cleveland+free+stamp

Joe Barta

Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

CW wrote:

Take a walk through a craft store. Rubber stamps are a big thing
lately. Not only factory made ones but carving them.

Yeah, since posting that I did a little looking around. I suppose I
was thinking in terms of "DUPLICATE"... "PAID"... "VOID"... "AIR MAIL"
etc. That's why it seemed odd to me. Decorative craft type stampers
didn't occur to me.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Barbara Hass

While I am sure your daughter would appreciate hand-made shelves, there
are also a lot of companies that sell them. At least you could look for
ideas to build your own. Places to look:
www.collectors-cabinets.com
www.rubberstamporganizer.com
Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Joe Barta wrote:
CW wrote:

Take a walk through a craft store. Rubber stamps are a big thing
lately. Not only factory made ones but carving them.

Yeah, since posting that I did a little looking around. I suppose I
was thinking in terms of "DUPLICATE"... "PAID"... "VOID"... "AIR MAIL"
etc. That's why it seemed odd to me. Decorative craft type stampers
didn't occur to me.

I'm still puzzled by pogues (or however they are called).

er
--
email not valid

The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 05 08:30 AM
Selling items made from mag plans Bill Woodworking 26 August 17th 04 06:50 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM