Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

Default mini-gloat....free wood

My brother tipped me off that the university machine shop was getting
rid of some wood, so I went down and took a look in their dumpster.

I managed to salvage about 65bf worth of well-aged oak, some of it
stained or painted, but all in decent shape. Size all over the map from
1x2x48 all the way up to 12x74x3/4.

Also found a 9-foot 2x3 in fir with beautiful straight grain.

Not bad for an hour of digging...

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:56:12 -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:

My brother tipped me off that the university machine shop was getting
rid of some wood, so I went down and took a look in their dumpster.

I managed to salvage about 65bf worth of well-aged oak, some of it
stained or painted, but all in decent shape. Size all over the map from
1x2x48 all the way up to 12x74x3/4.

Also found a 9-foot 2x3 in fir with beautiful straight grain.

Not bad for an hour of digging...

Chris

ok, Chris... you "mini-suck"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
Suanne Lippman

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message

My brother tipped me off that the university machine shop was getting rid
of some wood, so I went down and took a look in their dumpster.

I managed to salvage about 65bf worth of well-aged oak, some of it stained
or painted, but all in decent shape. Size all over the map from 1x2x48
all the way up to 12x74x3/4.

Also found a 9-foot 2x3 in fir with beautiful straight grain.

Not bad for an hour of digging...

Okay, it is not huge, but anything of value for free is a full gloat. You
suck.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/6/2006 9:56 PM Chris Friesen mumbled something about the following:

My brother tipped me off that the university machine shop was getting
rid of some wood, so I went down and took a look in their dumpster.

I managed to salvage about 65bf worth of well-aged oak, some of it
stained or painted, but all in decent shape. Size all over the map from
1x2x48 all the way up to 12x74x3/4.

Also found a 9-foot 2x3 in fir with beautiful straight grain.

Not bad for an hour of digging...

Chris

Okay, you suck, even if it is just a little bit.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net