Posted to rec.woodworking
Summer Wind

Default Polyurethane Spills -- How do I Clean-Up?

I managed to drip polyurethane on a tile floor while finishing my last
woodworking project. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until after it had
dried. What can I use to dissolve and remove it?

Thanks,
SW

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Summer Wind" wrote in message
news
I managed to drip polyurethane on a tile floor while finishing my last
woodworking project. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until after it had
dried. What can I use to dissolve and remove it?

Thanks,
SW

Ceramic Tile? Scrap it up with a straight edged razor blade.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John

The fine print on the can should tell you what to use. Chances are it's
lacquer thinner or paint remover.

If the tile has a glossy finish it may not adhere to tile so well that
you might be able to scrape it off with a fingernail, or maybe lift it
off with a razor blade.

J.

Summer Wind wrote:
I managed to drip polyurethane on a tile floor while finishing my last
woodworking project. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until after it had
dried. What can I use to dissolve and remove it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

John wrote:
The fine print on the can should tell you what to use. Chances are it's
lacquer thinner or paint remover.

If the tile has a glossy finish it may not adhere to tile so well that
you might be able to scrape it off with a fingernail, or maybe lift it
off with a razor blade.

J.

if it's water poly the laquer thinner might work, as might alcohol. if
it's oil base poly those probably won't. paint stripper might get it,
as might the razor blade mentioned earlier.

Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E

"CW" wrote in message
link.net...
Napalm.

I would have said C-4 but I have to admire your penache (what the hell...
style!)

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Try acetone. You can get it at Home Depot.

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com