Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Default Re Coping sled Plans? Thanks to all!!

I got some really good advise from all that replied. Everyone had good
points that I pondered on. So here is my plan. I am going to put in a
miter track. I will not weaken the working surface because I am going
to have a 5/8" particleboard under the 3/4" melamine to give it
strength. in the 5/8" I am going to cut out a 6" +/- hole to steady the
router housing and in the 3/4" I will cut out a 2" hole and drill the
mounting screw holes. I was going to put in a base plate made out of
plexi glass, but I am not to sure about making the cutout right for it
(I still might change my mind on this one). I am making a large work
area; it's going to 22" wide and 42" long. This way I don't need to
worry about any thing, e.g. cabinet door, to be over balanced on the
one side.
I am not sure how far to place the miter fence away from the
center of the routor, but some research has shown me that about 5"
seems to be average. The one reply made me change my mind for the
simple fact if I am cutting a rail or stile, it is nice to be able to
control it more as far as it getting pushed out of the way. I am going
to construct a coping sled out of 1/4" by 6" solid oak. Fence wise, I
am going to make a Homemade one as well. I will try to post pictures
after I am done on the binaries site.

coping sled plans? bdeditch Woodworking 5 January 31st 06 03:55 PM
The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
PAY - WOODEN SNOW SLED PLANS J T Woodworking 0 January 13th 05 02:19 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM