Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default First Dresser

Check out my progress on my first dresser for my future son (due in Feb).

I need to start on the drawers. Ughh!

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser.htm

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Check out my progress on my first dresser for my future son (due in Feb).

I need to start on the drawers. Ughh!

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser.htm

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
(Featuring a NEW look)

Nice construction. Did you strt out with the intention of the top being
made with different color boards?

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Check out my progress on my first dresser for my future son (due in Feb).

I need to start on the drawers. Ughh!

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser.htm

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com
(Featuring a NEW look)

Nice construction. Did you strt out with the intention of the top being
made with different color boards?

Nope. I didn't know they had any color until I started the milling
proccess. I could have gone back to the lumber yard, but I decided to just
go with it. I kind of like it. I think.

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

I like it.

I'm a big fan of simple, clean designs.

Since your dresser is a simple, clean design, I think the color
swatches in the top work well. Just a simple rub with BLO and a
suitable clear finish will make it look outstanding.

I'm just starting a king sized maple platform bed with a birdseye
headboard. The client chose for me to leave the heartwood and pitch
pockets in, as opposed to shooting for only the lighter sapwood. As
I'm laying out the parts, I'm getting excited about the same
variations seen in your top.

Keep us up to date!
Barry

Thanks Barry!

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Looks real nice. How did you join the side rails to the front
and back frame?

Thanks.

I used mortise and loose tenon joinery through the entire carcass. I became
a big fan of this type of joinery after getting frustrated with traditional
tenons. My shoulders would sometimes not lining up all the way around the
stock using traditional tenons. After watching David Marks on TV (almost
always uses loose M&T's) I started to use loose M&T's.

The plywood sides sit in a rabbet that are held in place with metal
fasteners.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:38:36 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

Check out my progress on my first dresser for my future son (due in Feb).

I need to start on the drawers. Ughh!

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser.htm

Looks nice. If he's due in Feb, you are probably a bit late in getting
the drawers done by then (DAMHIKT).

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Looks nice. If he's due in Feb, you are probably a bit late in getting
the drawers done by then (DAMHIKT).

thank you. Yep, next weekend SHE has got me painting the baby's room. Very
little saw dust will be made next weekend.

Dresser Plans [email protected] Woodworking 3 August 22nd 05 09:25 AM
dresser top mike hide Woodworking 0 July 14th 05 10:23 PM
dresser base mike hide Woodworking 1 May 20th 05 03:28 PM
Dresser joint repair problem Dhakala Woodworking 7 May 13th 05 06:51 PM
Mold in dresser?!?! Perek75 Woodworking 6 March 7th 05 03:53 PM