Posted to rec.woodworking
David Penner

Default my new website

I've been reading this group for about 8 years (I'm more of a reader
than a poster). I've gained a lot of information over the years. About 4
years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

David

--

www.brndogwoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"David Penner" wrote in message
I've been reading this group for about 8 years (I'm more of a reader
than a poster). I've gained a lot of information over the years. About 4
years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

Very nice David. I like the Brake Rotor table.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:30:08 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"David Penner" wrote in message
I've been reading this group for about 8 years (I'm more of a reader
than a poster). snip

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

Very nice David. I like the Brake Rotor table.

Me too

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking
David Penner

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

"David Penner" wrote in message
I've been reading this group for about 8 years (I'm more of a reader
than a poster). I've gained a lot of information over the years. About 4
years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

Very nice David. I like the Brake Rotor table.

Thanks. I've made a few of the disk tables using slightly different leg
designs. Quite interesting to see who recognizes the top as a brake disk
and who doesn't. You should see some of the looks I get at service shops
when I ask for old truck disks and then tell them that I use them as
table tops.

dp

--

www.brndogwoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"David Penner" wrote in message
I've been reading this group for about 8 years (I'm more of a reader
than a poster). I've gained a lot of information over the years. About 4
years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

Beautiful stuff David.

I love the fact that this is not traditional furniture. It is bold and
innovative.

And I am a big fan of sculpture too.

You aree doing good.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"David Penner" wrote in message

years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

You are indeed an artist ... in the finest sense of the word.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"David Penner"
snip
I've finally gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work.
Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.
the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com
David

Excellent work, I too like the use of everyday objects as works of art.
I wish you all success.

Small note of caution: When collecting old brake rotors, clean the
asbestos carefully.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
David Penner

In article ,
"Teamcasa" wrote:

"David Penner"
snip
I've finally gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work.
Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.
the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com
David

Excellent work, I too like the use of everyday objects as works of art.
I wish you all success.

Small note of caution: When collecting old brake rotors, clean the
asbestos carefully.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

Thanks for the kind words. I clean the rotors outside (wearing a mask,
gloves, and face shield) using an angle grinder with a wire wheel. I
then use a big propane burner to heat up the disk while I apply boiled
linseed oil---similar to seasoning a cast iron pan. When it cools, but
is still warm, I apply wax. Gives a great finished surface for indoors.

dp

--

www.brndogwoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
David Penner

In article ,
"Swingman" wrote:

"David Penner" wrote in message

years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

You are indeed an artist ... in the finest sense of the word.

Thanks. I really enjoy what I do. I love making furniture, but enjoy
being able to try other avenues of expression.

dp

--

www.brndogwoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M

Nice.

although I did not recognice the break rotor I liked it anyway. The
incorporation of metal into the designs (like those cross pieces) is really
nice.

I really liked this too:

http://homepage.mac.com/depenner/hanghrt.html

A tatefully prepared minimalist website. I like it.

-Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Teamcasa wrote:

Small note of caution: When collecting old brake rotors, clean the
asbestos carefully.

Dave

The rotos would have to be pretty old. The use of asbestos in brake
linings was outlawed in the US in the mid 80's.

Oh, and great work David!

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
David Penner

In article ,
"Stephen M" wrote:

Nice.

although I did not recognice the break rotor I liked it anyway. The
incorporation of metal into the designs (like those cross pieces) is really
nice.

I really liked this too:

http://homepage.mac.com/depenner/hanghrt.html

A tatefully prepared minimalist website. I like it.

-Steve

Steve

Thanks for the kind words. The site took at bit of time--it's my first
time doing one--but it came out the way I wanted it to. I looked at a
couple of design books that focussed on the aesthetics rather than the
technical; that really helped.

The hanging heart was a gift to my wife. We have a small, old bungalow
that someone in distant past opened up the living room ceiling to make a
vaulted ceiling. THe hanging heart hangs from the ceiling--the bottom of
the heart is about 7 feet off the floor. Because most people don't
really look up that much when entering a room, it's always fun to the
see the look on their faces when they notice it for the first time.

dp

--

www.brndogwoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:49:29 -0600, David Penner wrote:

I've been reading this group for about 8 years (I'm more of a reader
than a poster). I've gained a lot of information over the years. About 4
years ago I left my job to start a furniture business. I've finally
gotten around to doing a website showing samples of my work. Take a look
when you get a chance--maybe it will inspire you that way some of the
other people's websites have inspired me.

the site is: www.brndogwoodworks.com

David

Very impressive, you have a very diverse set of talents (both metal and
wood). Very interesting designs; thanks for sharing. Best wishes for your
furniture business, looks like you have the right stuff to do well.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
David Penner wrote:

www.brndogwoodworks.com

I absolutely love to see people's work who aren't afraid to take chances.
That doesn't always work, but in your case it works for me.
Thank you so much for sharing.