Posted to rec.woodworking
louis

Default planer question

I have been offered a planer or thicknesser made by a company called A-Z ,
which is then followed by the words "Planer 125" which I assume is the
model. Has anyone heard of or owns one of these machines and if so are they
any good ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Incidentally I am in the UK where I
believe the machine was made.

Cheers
Sam.

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Never heard about it.

S.B.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"louis" wrote in message
I have been offered a planer or thicknesser made by a company called A-Z
, which is then followed by the words "Planer 125" which I assume is the
model. Has anyone heard of or owns one of these machines and if so are
they any good ?

What do you mean by "offered". If you mean free, by all means take it and
find out just how good it is.

A Google search showed up this model of the AZ360 planer
http://www.betterroads.com/articles/...s/jan03bid.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
James Fish

Sam,
sorry this isn;t a direct answer but I had a similar problem with machinery
I was about to buy.....
call axminster power tools in Devon they are also online, they have a
technical sales bloke who knows all you need to know about planers. They
have been manufacturing and dealing in planers for years and some of the
older staff have a lot of experience using various brands, not just selling
them. Ask for technical sales, ask the question, and whoever you talk to
will no doubt consult the said chap. I got great service from this company
without buying anything from them. If he doesn't advise you this is good
enough for you, he can point you in the right direction for one to suit your
needs.
cheers Jim