Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike W.

Default Rockler haul... you may want to head there

I didnt know Rockler had a store near me until I got a flyer in the mail
from them. So I went down to the store today and I have to say it has a
great sale going on. Stop me if you've heard this one...

I got 8 feet of t-track with 20 t-bolts and several different types of
nuts (thumbscrew, star, etc) for 22 bucks, as it was buy one get one
free. I got some glue accessories (brush set, application kit) for
around 7 bucks. My favorite was getting two mobile bases for 75 bucks -
they had a buy anything and get another of equal or lesser value for 50%
off. I also added a couple of parts I've been meaning to get to my dust
collection setup. I got several other odds and ends for what I consider
really good deals. I didn't buy any, but that had some nice veneers on
the buy one get one free deals too.

All in all I spent around $150 (much to the chagrin of SWMBO) and walked
out with around $215 worth of goods. Thats a pretty good savings. Now
I understand what she means when she comes home from the store with bags
in hand and says something like 'Honey, for that price I couldnt afford
not to buy these'.

Mike W.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Hedley

I know what you mean. I stopped by the Schaumburg, IL store last week
looking for T-track and saw the 2-fer deal on the kits. I actually stopped
a salesperson to make sure I was understanding the deal correctly. Yep...
2-fer. Schawwing!!!

With that savings in mind, I bought a router guide and a router base plate
and ended up even. Then, since I needed a 3/4" bit for the T-track
mounting, I also got a 1/2" flush-trim bit for half off. It felt like
Christmas. I do love that store.

I was worried the wife would question the 80$ purchase at Rockler, but so
far she hasn't said anything.

"Mike W." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
big-sissy

"Hedley" spewed forth in message
news
I was worried the wife would question the 80$ purchase at Rockler, but so
far she hasn't said anything.

If you were so concerned you shoulda got permission first ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike W.

Hey.. its common knowledge that it's a lot easier to get forgiveness
than it is to get permission. My shop is built almost entirely on that
principle. :-)

Mike W.

big-sissy wrote:
"Hedley" spewed forth in message
news

I was worried the wife would question the 80$ purchase at Rockler, but so
far she hasn't said anything.

If you were so concerned you shoulda got permission first ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
big-sissy

Don't know about common knowledge. I don't need permission to spend money,
but I spend it responsibly. Get what I want when I can afford it and when I
need it. Nothing to be forgiven about that way. It's a grown-up thing. Do
what you want , when you want to...responsibly. Sorry to get off topic
here...

I did put some grooves in the frame for a plexiglass sliding window today.
For a door I'm making for my two girl dogs new bedroom. Sliding plexi window
on top and swinging doggie dor on the bottom panel. Coming along nicely.
Have a nice day! ;-)

.. .

big-sissy wrote:
"Hedley" spewed forth in message
news

I was worried the wife would question the 80$ purchase at Rockler, but

so
far she hasn't said anything.

If you were so concerned you shoulda got permission first ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

"big-sissy" wrote in message
. ..
Don't know about common knowledge. I don't need permission to spend money,
but I spend it responsibly. Get what I want when I can afford it and when

need it. Nothing to be forgiven about that way. It's a grown-up thing. Do
what you want , when you want to...responsibly. Sorry to get off topic
here...

Oh man... I think that one flew right over your head.

--

-Mike-

.. .

big-sissy wrote:
"Hedley" spewed forth in message
news

I was worried the wife would question the 80$ purchase at Rockler, but

so
far she hasn't said anything.

If you were so concerned you shoulda got permission first ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike W.

Agreed. He'll probably stay outta trouble that way though.

:-)

Mike W.

Oh man... I think that one flew right over your head.

Rockler customer service Larry Spitz Woodworking 6 May 20th 05 11:31 PM
Removing really stuck flat head screws... Joe Metalworking 43 January 16th 05 01:34 AM
Shower head PoP UK diy 9 December 22nd 03 10:42 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Replace vcr video head William Sangismoch Electronics Repair 10 October 1st 03 05:05 PM