Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Mitchell

Default WTB: Cherry panelling, or 1/4 ply

I need some cherry veneer ply, or paneling to finish a built in oven in
my kitchen. I only need 2 sheets. Any idea where I can get this in
Southern Ontario. I've checked HD, Rona etc. Lansing could get 3/4"
PB. A&M sells 1/8" and 1/16" veneer which I could laminate on some thin
ply, but this would be tricky I think on a large panel.

Any sources?

Thanks!

Rob
Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS

Hi Rob,
Looks like Peacock Lumber has it. Cheers, JG

http://www.peacocklumber.ca/PriceBook.asp?Page=19

Rob Mitchell wrote:

I need some cherry veneer ply, or paneling to finish a built in oven in
my kitchen. I only need 2 sheets. Any idea where I can get this in
Southern Ontario. I've checked HD, Rona etc. Lansing could get 3/4"
PB. A&M sells 1/8" and 1/16" veneer which I could laminate on some thin
ply, but this would be tricky I think on a large panel.

Any sources?

Thanks!

Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Mitchell

Rob Mitchell wrote:

I need some cherry veneer ply, or paneling to finish a built in oven in
my kitchen. I only need 2 sheets. Any idea where I can get this in
Southern Ontario. I've checked HD, Rona etc. Lansing could get 3/4"
PB. A&M sells 1/8" and 1/16" veneer which I could laminate on some thin
ply, but this would be tricky I think on a large panel.

Any sources?

Thanks!

Rob

Thanks JGS

I also found a place out near Stratford but peacock had lower prices by
the look of it.

Rob
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Mitchell

I need some cherry veneer ply, or paneling to finish a built in oven in
my kitchen. I only need 2 sheets. Any idea where I can get this in
Southern Ontario. I've checked HD, Rona etc. Lansing could get 3/4"

For all the Toronto readers, I went to a place called Rayette Forest
Products. They handle only sheet goods but will sell to individuals and
have a variety of hardwood veneer plywoods. I asked and they will also
sell me solid surface materials.

Rob
Posted to rec.woodworking

Don't know if you have a Lowes near you, but if you do, you can go to
the cabinet department and actually order a variety of hardwood sheet
goods finished to match their cabinet samples. I also believe that
you can give them a sample and they will match your finish. Of
course, it's not cheap, but if you want a nice factory applied finish,
to make filler panels... this can't be beat.

We used it on a restaurant counter buildout a couple of years ago
where we mounted spaced doors over the finished sheet plywood to
create a 3-D wainscoat effect.

Mike

Curly Cherry Toller Woodworking 9 October 1st 05 10:20 PM
Painting Cherry, HELP CurtisJon Woodworking 12 February 28th 05 05:23 PM
Cost of Cherry Jerry Woodworking 57 February 21st 05 06:28 PM
Fuming Cherry? Dave Jackson Woodworking 4 November 28th 04 09:44 AM
Advice needed on Cherry table top Jerry Woodworking 7 March 26th 04 05:28 PM