Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

Default Help needed obtaining some curly maple.

I want to duplicate the jewelry box pictured he

http://westcreekstudio.com/pages/fre...ing_chest.html

This is a birthday gift for my wife. The dimensions are 20" x 15" x 33
1/2" ht. I would like to make it out of curly maple, the more figured,
the better. The main problem I seem to be running into is finding one
long continuous board to make the case out of. I figure I need either
a 8' x 15" x 3/4" board or an 8' x 8" x 4/4 board I could recut down
the middle and joint. The thickness of the final project will be 3/8".
I have a planner and jointer, so I am somewhat flexible, but I want a
flow of grain around the entire case.

Any suggestions are more then welcome.

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Kolakowski

Try Curly Woods in Texas (www.curlywoods.com) I recently bought some
beautiful curly cherry from them. After describing my needs over the
phone ((866)679-6637), they selected some boards, cut them to the best
size that met my requirements while minimizing shipping costs, and
followed up to insure I was satisfied. Prices were reasonable, service
and delivery outstanding. They ship small quantities, and were great to
do business with.

Usual disclaimer: No connection, other than satisfied customer, etc.

Ron

Posted to rec.woodworking
robo hippy

There are a lot of places where you can find this type of wood. Where
are you?
robo hippy

Posted to rec.woodworking
robo hippy

Oops, just saw your post below this. I'm on the other side of the
country, and you probably have other local sources.
robo hippy

Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

Yeah, thanks. I thought the original post didn't go through. Sorry
for the repeat.

-Jim