Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank K.

Default Getting ready to buy a Unisaw. Need recommendations.

I just placed an ad to sell my Delta Contractor's saw. As
soon as it's gone I will order a Unisaw X5 w/50" Unifence.
Woodworker's Supply has a good price ($1799) and FREE
shipping. Any other places I should look.

I'm not looking for recommendations as to what to buy, just
where.

Thanks.

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen

Where do you live? There is a woodworking show near Baltimore this
weekend and the local shop- Skarie- is taking 10% off retail plus Delta
is giving back $100 as a rebate. A Uni that I priced with the
Biesermyer is costing $1663 before the rebate.
I don't know all of the details but the show is at Timonium Fair
Grounds, Friday, Sat & Sun
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Oh, I forgot to add. Shipping was only $65 if I picked it up at the
local freight company.

DonkeyHody

Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Frank K. wrote:
I just placed an ad to sell my Delta Contractor's saw. As
soon as it's gone I will order a Unisaw X5 w/50" Unifence.
Woodworker's Supply has a good price ($1799) and FREE
shipping. Any other places I should look.

I'm not looking for recommendations as to what to buy, just
where.

Frank, would you consider a factory reconditioned Unisaw if you could
save about $450?
Here's the only place to get them. http://www.redmond-machinery.com
I highly recommend Redmond Machinery as an upright place to do
business. I couldn't find any evidence my reconditioned saw had ever
been used at all.

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."

Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

It was early . . . brain fog I guess. I CAN do math when I'm awake.
Estimated savings delivered should be $535 or so.

DonkeyHody
"Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank K.

I'm in central Delaware. It may have been worth the trip if
I still lived in Austin.

news

"Frank K." wrote in message
I just placed an ad to sell my Delta Contractor's saw. As
soon as it's gone I will order a Unisaw X5 w/50" Unifence.
Woodworker's Supply has a good price ($1799) and FREE
shipping. Any other places I should look.

I'm not looking for recommendations as to what to buy,
just where.

Thanks.

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank K.

I live in central Delaware and I know about the show, but I
can't make it this weekend. Thanks.

Frank

"marc rosen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Where do you live? There is a woodworking show near
Baltimore this
weekend and the local shop- Skarie- is taking 10% off
retail plus Delta
is giving back $100 as a rebate. A Uni that I priced with
the
Biesermyer is costing $1663 before the rebate.
I don't know all of the details but the show is at
Timonium Fair
Grounds, Friday, Sat & Sun

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike

Frank

I am a big fan of buying from and supporting my local dealer. Most
good dealers know that they must be price competitivef and also be able
to offer good support after the sale. IMHO it is worth more $ to have
a good dealer and alot less hassle of unloading an Unisaw out of a back
of a semi.
Good luck,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

mike wrote:

Frank

I am a big fan of buying from and supporting my local dealer. Most
good dealers know that they must be price competitivef and also be able
to offer good support after the sale. IMHO it is worth more $ to have
a good dealer and alot less hassle of unloading an Unisaw out of a back
of a semi.
Good luck,
Mike

The dealers in my area are adamant about their prices and won't match
online prices.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank K.

I don't have a local dealer since Woodworker's Warehouse
went belly-up. The closest other place is Woodcraft (50
miles) and their prices are not what I would call
competitive. Home Depot sells it "online only" for about
$200 more plus $144 freight. Again not local. If I cross a
state line, there is the issue of $ale$ tax, ga$ and toll$.
Not a good scenario.

Frank

"mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank

I am a big fan of buying from and supporting my local
dealer. Most
good dealers know that they must be price competitivef and
also be able
to offer good support after the sale. IMHO it is worth
more $ to have
a good dealer and alot less hassle of unloading an Unisaw
out of a back
of a semi.
Good luck,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike

sorry about that Frank, my local Woodcraft store (60 miles) away is
very competitive and easy to work with. Most of the time thet are
cheaper than on-line and so nice to deal with. The manager, Carson
Lewis, does a great job. Sometimes the lowest price is Not the best
price. good luck with your purchase.
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
mike

David,

Do not expect the local dealer to match on-line prices. They Can Not
They are the show room, they are the knowledge, and they are the ones
people come to when they have a problem. Talk with them and work with
them and I assure that both parties will be winners. Good Luck,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank

I am a big fan of buying from and supporting my local dealer. Most
good dealers know that they must be price competitivef and also be able
to offer good support after the sale. IMHO it is worth more $ to have
a good dealer and alot less hassle of unloading an Unisaw out of a back
of a semi.
Good luck,
Mike

I totally agree with buying from a local dealer. It is seldom that I buy a
piece of equipment that arrives perfect. The local dealer is a lot easier
to deal with if there is a problem than someone on the phone that may also
be dealing with a person with defective pots and pans. Additionally my
dealer is competitive considering that he delivers and assembles for the
same price as carry out. I have to tweak the adjustments but I do not have
to lift the 350+# equipment myself.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
David,

Do not expect the local dealer to match on-line prices. They Can Not
They are the show room, they are the knowledge, and they are the ones
people come to when they have a problem. Talk with them and work with
them and I assure that both parties will be winners. Good Luck,
Mike

Actually a local dealer in Houston matches and beats the service of on line
prices. They match online pricing, set up and adjust. Delivery is $40, 15
miles away up to 50. AND they have been in business since 1954.
That said however I bought from another dealer 2 miles away for $40 more
than online but including a free mobile base, delivery, and assembled for a
$1200 Delta planer purchase.
After the dust settles, both stores are cheaper than on-line.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

Actually a local dealer in Houston matches and beats the service of on

line
prices. They match online pricing, set up and adjust. Delivery is $40,

15
miles away up to 50. AND they have been in business since 1954.

Ahhh ... good old "Circle Saw".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message

Actually a local dealer in Houston matches and beats the service of on

line
prices. They match online pricing, set up and adjust. Delivery is $40,

15
miles away up to 50. AND they have been in business since 1954.

Ahhh ... good old "Circle Saw".

Yup... I was going to buy my planer from them but Steve at The Cutting Edge
was a lot closer and I have known him for about 10 years. He was a few
bucks more.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Stachoni

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:08:20 -0500, "Frank K."
wrote:

I don't have a local dealer since Woodworker's Warehouse
went belly-up. The closest other place is Woodcraft (50
miles) and their prices are not what I would call
competitive. Home Depot sells it "online only" for about
$200 more plus $144 freight. Again not local. If I cross a
state line, there is the issue of $ale$ tax, ga$ and toll$.
Not a good scenario.

Frank,

I live in Northern DE (Bear; grew up in Dover) and I bet if you got
into negotiations with the Woodcraft guys in New Castle they would cut
you a break. Last time I was there they had a ton of them in stock.

Let me know ow you do, as I'm looking at one too

- Matt

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gary in Virginia

wrote:

I don't have a local dealer since Woodworker's Warehouse
went belly-up. The closest other place is Woodcraft (50
miles) and their prices are not what I would call
competitive. Home Depot sells it "online only" for about
$200 more plus $144 freight. Again not local. If I cross a
state line, there is the issue of $ale$ tax, ga$ and toll$.
Not a good scenario.

Frank,

I live in Northern DE (Bear; grew up in Dover) and I bet if you got
into negotiations with the Woodcraft guys in New Castle they would cut
you a break. Last time I was there they had a ton of them in stock.

Let me know ow you do, as I'm looking at one too

- Matt

In the catalog I received yesterday, Woodworker's Supply
(www.woodworker.com) is offering Unisaws with 50" Bies for $1,499 with a
free mobile base. It doesn't appear that these are X5 nor does it say
anything about shipping, but it might be worth checking out.

Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:13:14 GMT, "Gary in Virginia"
wrote:

In the catalog I received yesterday, Woodworker's Supply
(www.woodworker.com) is offering Unisaws with 50" Bies for $1,499 with a
free mobile base. It doesn't appear that these are X5 nor does it say
anything about shipping, but it might be worth checking out.

I got a Uni from them eighteen months ago on that same deal. It can't
be beat. No they're not X5s (who cares), and yes, free shipping.

They're also nice folks to work with.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
JJ

Frank K. wrote:
I'm in central Delaware. It may have been worth the trip if
I still lived in Austin.

news

"Frank K." wrote in message

I just placed an ad to sell my Delta Contractor's saw. As
soon as it's gone I will order a Unisaw X5 w/50" Unifence.
Woodworker's Supply has a good price ($1799) and FREE
shipping. Any other places I should look.

I'm not looking for recommendations as to what to buy,
just where.

Thanks.

Frank

I'm in Austin. Please email me and let me know how much your friend is
asking and particulars of the saw he is selling. Thanks in advance.

-jj

--
Remove BOB to email me

Machinery museum recommendations ?? Johnsorj Metalworking 14 April 14th 04 04:32 PM
My Unisaw Saga DonkeyHody Woodworking 22 March 6th 04 05:41 PM
I'm dreaming of a white Unisaw. Jay Pique Woodworking 20 January 13th 04 03:06 PM
Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5 Joe Nation Woodworking 7 November 26th 03 03:23 AM