Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack_O

Default what saw do you use in this situation

Greetings.
My Mother n law feels she needs 4 inches or so cut off the end of her
counter top so she can add something, (movable cart or some such thing.)
There is approximately a 4 inch overhand from the lower cuboard.
OK no brainer cut off the 4 inches flush.
Problem#1 I used a jigsaw to cut as far back as I can .. bonk.. the
plate(FOOT OF THE SAW) hits the backsplash, leaving about 1 1/2 inches to
the end.
I started another cut 90 degrees on the end.. still not close enough.
Problem #2 the backsplash.. without really messing up the wall how do I cut
thru that.

--
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted."