Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Mortise and Tenon Machine?

http://www.tinaja.com/glib/hackar2.pdf for more
| info. The article starts on page 116 (Acrobat page, or 44.2 article
| page).

Downloaded it last night - thanks! I think I'll stick with
store-bought steppers so I can have the 400 step/revolution
resolution.

Just to keep all of this interesting (and more than just hot air) I
hand-coded a couple of part programs last night that should let me cut
common, half-blind, and (non-mitered) full-blind dovetails using only
a straight bit. Dovetail height, width, angle, and spacing are set as
parameters; and the code self-adjusts for the size of bit used. What's
fun is that there's no 'round' anywhere except in the corners, and use
of a sufficiently small diameter bit should make that difficult to
see.

It'd be fun to build a small CNC joinery machine that could be
dedicated to gnawing on the ends of boards like this. With a bit of
luck, I'll have some pix to put on ABPW tonight.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, ...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar