Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee

Default drying wood

What is the wax?? that is put on the ends of the boards to prevent checking
on the ends while it is drying and where can I get it. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Lee wrote:
What is the wax?? that is put on the ends of the boards to prevent checking
on the ends while it is drying and where can I get it. Thanks

AnchorSeal by U. C. Coatings is one. See the link to their "Dealer
Listing" on the left hand side of the following web page:

https://www.uccoatings.com/uccoat.php

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee

leevalley states they will not ship to U.S.???
"SBO" wrote in message
See
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,190,42942

S.B.

"Lee" a écrit dans le message de news:
What is the wax?? that is put on the ends of the boards to prevent
checking on the ends while it is drying and where can I get it. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Lee" wrote in message
What is the wax?? that is put on the ends of the boards to prevent
checking on the ends while it is drying and where can I get it. Thanks

Water emulsion floor wax, if you can get it.

It's wax whipped into water with a low-sudsing surfactant, and a bit of
alcohol to serve as antifreeze.

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

Sorry, It was not mentioned in your message. Search for "end sealer" on the
web and you will find easily a product available.