Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
anthony

Default advice needed on homemade air filtration unit

Hi all, I need help/advice...

I just got an old furnace blower assembly with a 990 rpm 240 v motor. I
want to build an air filter unit.

The squirrel cage is 12" X 12" and I just hooked up a 1745rpm 115v motor.
The original motor was rated at 990rpm. Is the new motor going to give me
better result by spinning the squirrel cage virtually 2X faster? I was
wondering if I could get away with a unit having filters on three sides?

Is there any sites on the web that show IN Depth, CLOSE UP photos on how to
construct a unit?

thanks for any suggestions/help

Anthony