Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Reverse tooth jigsaw blades

I have been using a t-shank jigsaw blade for laminate for years.
I bought the last pack of 20 about 5-6 years ago.
They were Bosch brand..and the number on the blade (my last one) is:
54-8010-0
My supplier swears he never heard of such a thing.
Nothing comes up on google either.
Yet when I Google for a laminate jigsaw blade I get this:
http://tinyurl.com/dsz4e
It looks the same, so I'm hoping some of our illustrious participants
has tried these and could offer a comment? (participants are not the
same as smartiepants or fancypants.)

The blades I had were fabulous. After you learn (the hard way) to be
VERY careful when starting a cut because the teeth are pointing downward
the saw wants to jump upward and pogo-stick across a newly laminated
surface...or so I'm told.
The Bosch's at least, left a very clean, chip-free cut.. on mounted
veneer as well, btw.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Bosch still makes them. I use the T101BR (it's a downcutter) for laminate
cutting and the T101B (same blade, only upcutter) for general purpose work.
Both blades work well and are the two I most commonly reach for. --dave

"Robatoy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Dave Jackson wrote:
Bosch still makes them. I use the T101BR (it's a downcutter) for laminate
cutting and the T101B (same blade, only upcutter) for general purpose work.
Both blades work well and are the two I most commonly reach for. --dave

That makes two of us, if I'm cutting wood.

They are getting tougher to find since Bosch introduced a new tooth pattern.

Use the 6TPI for garbage work.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Robatoy wrote:
I have been using a t-shank jigsaw blade for laminate for years.
I bought the last pack of 20 about 5-6 years ago.
They were Bosch brand..and the number on the blade (my last one) is:
54-8010-0
My supplier swears he never heard of such a thing.

Try Grainger.

If you are in SoCal, try Bosch servive center in La Palma.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I have been using a t-shank jigsaw blade for laminate for years.
I bought the last pack of 20 about 5-6 years ago.
They were Bosch brand..and the number on the blade (my last one) is:
54-8010-0
My supplier swears he never heard of such a thing.
Nothing comes up on google either.
Yet when I Google for a laminate jigsaw blade I get this:
http://tinyurl.com/dsz4e

The blades pictured also have a label of B&D/DeWalt. With that I can say
that if you can find another brand, get another brand. On several occasions
I have used DeWalt blades and I wonder how thy continue to sell. I would be
afraid that these would follow suite.

Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Robatoy wrote:
[...]

I am guessing that it has been replaced by this blade...
T101AO

Or the Down Cutting 10TPI version...
T101BR

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&cl...G=Search&meta=

Got some of the fine blades claimed suitable -- worked ok for me. Course
my standards may be lower. :-)

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art