Posted to rec.woodworking
Herb Robinson

Default Need a source for picture frame backs.

Need a source for hardboard or heavy cardboard picture frame backs -- the
kind with a hinged leaf that lets you set it on a desk or credenza.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank K.

http://www.pictureframes.com/html/easelbacks.html

Frank

"Herb Robinson" wrote in message
Need a source for hardboard or heavy cardboard picture
frame backs -- the kind with a hinged leaf that lets you
set it on a desk or credenza.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

How many do you need? I found a box of a dozen or so in someone's pile
of trash while I was out for a walk a few weeks ago, and I don't need
them all. So if you need, say, less than 4, let me know and you can
have them for the cost of shipping.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Archer Gravely

You don't want to use cardboard or acid laden material as a backer board as
it will "burn" through and damage your picture. Framers use "foam core"
which is relatively cheap and can be purchased from places that sell mat
board and framing supplies.

archer gravely
asheville, nc
"Herb Robinson" wrote in message
Need a source for hardboard or heavy cardboard picture frame backs -- the
kind with a hinged leaf that lets you set it on a desk or credenza.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Update on my free frame backs mentioned earlier - they are brand new -
for some reason someone threw away a box of frame backs and the glass
covers, and I was lucky enough to go for a walk on trash night.
Andy

Jeweler's Saws - Good Brands/Sources? Mike Henry Metalworking 8 April 21st 04 05:46 AM
Chopper Frame & Jig Blueprints Mitch Metalworking 4 February 1st 04 08:49 AM
Noise reduction Dirtleg Woodworking 10 January 9th 04 06:43 AM
frame assembly of Gingery lathe Allan Adler Metalworking 14 December 24th 03 07:29 AM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM