Posted to rec.woodworking
Ole

Default Wood turning lathe

I was watching a wood turning program on the DIY network. They were
using a very large cream colored lathe and I was wondering if anyone
knows what brand it is and who sells them?

Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Ole" wrote in message
I was watching a wood turning program on the DIY network. They were using
a very large cream colored lathe and I was wondering if anyone knows what
brand it is and who sells them?

Oneway. It will take your first-born male child and your left arm to the
elbow to buy one. http://www.oneway.on.ca/

Watch more, and you'll see other lathes that Woodcraft Sells.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ole

George wrote:
"Ole" wrote in message

I was watching a wood turning program on the DIY network. They were using
a very large cream colored lathe and I was wondering if anyone knows what
brand it is and who sells them?

Oneway. It will take your first-born male child and your left arm to the
elbow to buy one. http://www.oneway.on.ca/

Watch more, and you'll see other lathes that Woodcraft Sells.

off da! I see what you mean
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:09:24 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ole
quickly quoth:

I was watching a wood turning program on the DIY network. They were
using a very large cream colored lathe and I was wondering if anyone
knows what brand it is and who sells them?

http://www.oneway.on.ca/lathes/index.htm
Could it be one of those?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:51:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Since you seem to hate topposting, which I've done here for your
convenience, feel free to scroll past the meaningless, redundant, and
unrelated text for my response.

[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Actually, it would more accurately be:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

But since most bottom posters are too lazy to edit out the miles and
miles of text already read in previous posts (and if it's already been
read it doesn't need repeating, and if it hasn't already been read,
what are you bothering with the post for anyway?) The only reasonable
way for most people to read the posts is to get to the meat of the
message first, and then, if necessary (see parenthetical above) read
the background material.

If people would properly edit, there would be no need to top post.

Here's the rest of your message, in proper order:

A: Top-posting.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

And in fact, the most annoying thing on usenet is people complaining
about topposting.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Agreed.

"LRod" wrote in message
And in fact, the most annoying thing on usenet is people complaining
about topposting.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Fly-by-Night CC

In article , Ole wrote:

Oneway. It will take your first-born male child and your left arm to the
elbow to buy one. http://www.oneway.on.ca/

Watch more, and you'll see other lathes that Woodcraft Sells.

off da! I see what you mean

Yes, but they're among a select few companies making top-quality lathes.
The Stubby 750/1000, the VB-36 and Oneway 20/2436 are all in the same
class and will set you back about the same amount. Next down would be
the Vicmarc 300 and Powermatic 3520/4224 in the $2k-$4k range. Under
that amount you won't find a commercially made lathe capable of swinging
a 20"-48" hunk of wood.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05