Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

Default What is it? XCII

Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

Looks like I get first crack at them this week.
A first for me.

1. A press of some sort. Fruit?
2. Closing joint of a ring in a 3 ring notebook
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
4. ??
5. Trigger pumped oil can.
6. Boot hook for pulling them on.

Art

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
humunculus

527: Ye Old Fashionde Cider Press
528: Ye New Fangled 3-ring binder
529: ?
530: ?
531: Something the Tin Man would have loved to have.
532: ?

-humunculus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Mark and Kim Smith

Wood Butcher wrote:

snip
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
snip

Maybe a refractometer?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Kevin

The first is a lard press

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Bill B

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Wood Butcher wrote:

snip
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
snip

Maybe a refractometer?

A refractometer is an optical device, not electronic. It refracts light
through water and a prism to give a reading on an internal scale. Use
one all the time for the salt water tank. However, it could be an
electronic PH, temp, salinity, redux, or ?? meter. Not a brand name I'm
familiar with for aquarium use, so I think its use and purpose is elsewhere.

--
Bill Berglin

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
todd

"Bill B" wrote in message
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Wood Butcher wrote:

snip
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
snip

Maybe a refractometer?

A refractometer is an optical device, not electronic. It refracts light
through water and a prism to give a reading on an internal scale. Use
one all the time for the salt water tank. However, it could be an
electronic PH, temp, salinity, redux, or ?? meter. Not a brand name I'm
familiar with for aquarium use, so I think its use and purpose is

elsewhere.

--
Bill Berglin

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown

I think 3 is a battery cell tester for the old type car battries.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Fred R

R.H. wrote:
Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

527 I think Kevin is right - lard press.
528 yup, binder ring joint
529 Cheeks by Hanna: a low-rent proctologist's instrument
530 insulation stripper for heavy electrical cable?
531 gorgeous oil can; I want one!
532 companion to 529
--
Fred R
________________
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Jeff Wisnia

todd wrote:

"Bill B" wrote in message

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Wood Butcher wrote:

snip
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
snip

Maybe a refractometer?

A refractometer is an optical device, not electronic. It refracts light
through water and a prism to give a reading on an internal scale. Use
one all the time for the salt water tank. However, it could be an
electronic PH, temp, salinity, redux, or ?? meter. Not a brand name I'm
familiar with for aquarium use, so I think its use and purpose is

elsewhere.

--
Bill Berglin

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown

I think 3 is a battery cell tester for the old type car battries.

Naw, it's gotta be a large animal vet's rectal thermometer. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Chas12

not a refractometer, that's for sure.

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Wood Butcher wrote:

snip
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
snip

Maybe a refractometer?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Barbara Bailey

#527 looks like a cheese press

#529 Some sort of digital thermometer?

#531 Oil can?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Wayne Lundberg

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

527 - Grape press for wine making
528 - Chain link guide
529 - Digital thermometer
530 - ??? (nut cracker?)
531 - Oil pump to lubricate your lathe and stuff
532 - Lifting bails of hay and cotton
521 - Victorola needle to pick up sound from records, can be used to make
wax recordings also.
522 - Grinding wheel dressing tool
523 - Cope on a cope and drag tool for casting
524 - The tool you use to insert rubber trim into extruded frames for screen
doors to hold screen in place.
525 - Height adjuster for the upside-down leg
526 - Looks like something used on an overhead conveyor to carry something
through a process... maybe at a slaughter house?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

According to todd :

I think 3 is a battery cell tester for the old type car battries.

You mean #529? I don't think so, because it appears to have an
LCD readout, and those aren't old enough to go with the old batteries.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

#3 is a hanna either ph meter or TDS Meter (Total Disolved Solids) for
water testing
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Rick Lones

Kevin wrote:
The first is a lard press

I would have called it a squeezer for pork cracklings. (Same thing, just coming
from a different place . . )

-rick-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Lew Hartswick

R.H. wrote:

Another set has just been posted:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Rob

527 A lard press
528 ?
529 looks familar but ?
530 ?
531 An oil can
532 ?
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Dan Kratville

todd wrote:
"Bill B" wrote in message

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Wood Butcher wrote:

snip
3. Moisture meter for potted plants.
snip

Maybe a refractometer?

A refractometer is an optical device, not electronic. It refracts light
through water and a prism to give a reading on an internal scale. Use
one all the time for the salt water tank. However, it could be an
electronic PH, temp, salinity, redux, or ?? meter. Not a brand name I'm
familiar with for aquarium use, so I think its use and purpose is

elsewhere.

--
Bill Berglin

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown

I think 3 is a battery cell tester for the old type car battries.

That's a Hanna pH meter. We use them at work.
Dan

#3 is a hanna either ph meter or TDS Meter (Total Disolved Solids) for
water testing

That's right http://www.specialty-lights.com/hi98103gc.html

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Matt Zack

It is an early prototype of the Orgasmatron 660.

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .
Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
John McCoy

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in
:

524 - The tool you use to insert rubber trim into extruded frames for
screen doors to hold screen in place.

Otherwise known as a spline tool. I just wore mine out, literally,
courtesy of hurricane Wilma. I would not have thought something
that simple could wear out.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

All but the last one have been properly identified:

527. Wine press, at least that's what it was marked, I'm not sure what the
difference is, if any, between this and a lard, cheese or cider press.

528. Binder ring.

529. Ph meter

530. Jar opener

531. Oiler

532. No correct answers yet, it's not a hook, as both sides of this are
very sharp.

A couple more photos and a link have been posted on the answer page:

http://pzphotosan94tr.blogspot.com/

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Lew Hartswick

R.H. wrote:
All but the last one have been properly identified:

527. Wine press, at least that's what it was marked, I'm not sure what the
difference is, if any, between this and a lard, cheese or cider press.

Rob

Rob, All the wine presses I've ever seen were made of wood staves.
I have helped at many pig butcherings and the lard was squeezed
out of the "cracklins" with a press just as the one in the ref.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
humunculus

Hmmm, it looks like some sort of smoother/auger then. You hold the
handles and twist it back and forth to smooth out the bottom of a
drilled hole in wood or ice? Maybe for making the recieving hole in a
post and beam house or something?

--humunculus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
nk.net...
R.H. wrote:
All but the last one have been properly identified:

527. Wine press, at least that's what it was marked, I'm not sure what

the
difference is, if any, between this and a lard, cheese or cider press.

Rob

Rob, All the wine presses I've ever seen were made of wood staves.
I have helped at many pig butcherings and the lard was squeezed
out of the "cracklins" with a press just as the one in the ref.
...lew...

Thanks, I think that you're right about wine presses being made of wood,
maybe the person who marked it was guessing or thought it would sell better
by calling it that.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

"humunculus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hmmm, it looks like some sort of smoother/auger then. You hold the
handles and twist it back and forth to smooth out the bottom of a
drilled hole in wood or ice? Maybe for making the recieving hole in a
post and beam house or something?

--humunculus

Yes, it's for wood, but not used on beams.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

R.H. wrote:
All but the last one have been properly identified:

527. Wine press, at least that's what it was marked, I'm not sure what
the
difference is, if any, between this and a lard, cheese or cider press.

Rob

Rob, All the wine presses I've ever seen were made of wood staves.
I have helped at many pig butcherings and the lard was squeezed
out of the "cracklins" with a press just as the one in the ref.
...lew...

Got my mouth watering! Grandma didn't use one that big. She had a hand press
about 3" dia. by 4" deep. sort of like an oversize garlic crusher. Kept the
cracklin's in a big enamel dishpan by the back door, handy to grab on your
way through. Yummmmmm! Just can't get that good stuff anymore.

--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
humunculus

Yes, its definitely a lard press, but a slightly older one. Check out
the pics on this site http://tinyurl.com/cubvp to see one of the same
type as your's. Not only that, but some of the other pictures show
several items you have put on your site recently. Unfortunately, none
of the unknown ones...

--humunculus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Lew Hartswick

humunculus wrote:

Yes, its definitely a lard press, but a slightly older one. Check out
the pics on this site http://tinyurl.com/cubvp to see one of the same
type as your's. Not only that, but some of the other pictures show
several items you have put on your site recently. Unfortunately, none
of the unknown ones...

--humunculus

I have a problem with calling those "apple butter" presses.
It's only Cider till it's boiled down. So they are Cider
presses. :-)
...lew... who has hepled made apple butter many times as
kid. (KEEP STIRING DON'T LET IT BURN)