Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default Can't Get PC 690 Cut Depth Adjustment Ring to Work

jim evans wrote:
I have been using a PC 690 router for a couple of years. I use it
with the fixed base on a small Rockler table. I've never figured out
how to make the fine adjustment ring work. See picture
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/3...entring8pj.jpg

I always have to adjust by rotating the router body in the base. This
is a very course adjustment making it difficult to get the cut depth
set right.

When I try to use the fine adjustment ring it doesn't seem to do
anything at all -- it just turns and turns but the blade does not rise
or lower. What I am doing wrong?

Jim,
The only thing you are doing wrong is confusing the purpose of the
ring. That is not a fine adjustment ring, it is simply a place-marker.
You turn it so that the zero mark lines up with one of the reference
marks on the body of the motor. Then you twist the motor so the
reference mark moves to the desired mark on the ring. The ring is just
a friction fit and is not threaded at all. There is no fine adjustment
other than a very slight twist of the motor in the base.

DonkeyHody
"Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him." - Thomas
Carlyle