Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Anyone have a Jet JCS10 TS?

There is one for sale locally. What do you think of it? Is the stock fence
any good?

I have read through the on line manual, and taking the rails and extension
wing off are easy enough, but I think it will still be too heavy to get into
my basement. Will the table or motor come off without too much violence?

Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

Toller wrote:
There is one for sale locally. What do you think of it? Is the stock fence
any good?

I have read through the on line manual, and taking the rails and extension
wing off are easy enough, but I think it will still be too heavy to get into
my basement. Will the table or motor come off without too much violence?

I'm not familiar with the model number stated but I have a Jet JTAS-10
which is a 3 HP cabinet saw. With the help of a friend and a
refrigerator doll we easily got mine in the basement. The
cabinet/motor/main table (minus the extension tables) were taken down as
one unit.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
panofish

same here... I got mine in the basement with a friends help and a dolly
in one piece (minus extension wings and extension table).
I had more trouble with my JET 18 inch band saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"Toller" wrote in message
There is one for sale locally. What do you think of it? Is the stock
fence any good?

I have read through the on line manual, and taking the rails and extension
wing off are easy enough, but I think it will still be too heavy to get
into my basement. Will the table or motor come off without too much
violence?

I'm not familiar with that model number. Perhaps it's an older one? What
color is it?
Their current contractor saw offering is:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=hi&v=glance

I have one and it's been great. It's been my primary saw until this year
when I broke down and bought a cabinet saw with the intention of selling the
Jet to offset the cost (at least that's what I told my wife ). It's
still in the garage! The fence works ok but compared to the Vega fence I
installed on it (and eventually the cabinet saw), it's got a bit to be
desired. That being said, I built a number of cabinets/furniture pieces
with it and was thoroughly happy with it. That's probably why I've still
got it and don't plan on selling it now!
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Zack

I have had one for several years now and it seems to work fine . I almost
sold it a couple of months ago, but decided to sell my house and move to
Myrtle Beach first.
I cut LOTS of white oak and maple with mine. I use Forrest blades
(Woodworker II) and have no complaints.
I am not sure how much to ask for mine when I sell it this spring. I'd be
interested to know what you paid for yours, if I'm not being too nosey.
Anyway - good luck with it. I think you will enjoy it.
Matt

"Toller" wrote in message
There is one for sale locally. What do you think of it? Is the stock
fence any good?

I have read through the on line manual, and taking the rails and extension
wing off are easy enough, but I think it will still be too heavy to get
into my basement. Will the table or motor come off without too much
violence?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message

"Toller" wrote in message
There is one for sale locally. What do you think of it? Is the stock
fence any good?

I have read through the on line manual, and taking the rails and
extension wing off are easy enough, but I think it will still be too
heavy to get into my basement. Will the table or motor come off without
too much violence?

I'm not familiar with that model number. Perhaps it's an older one?
What color is it?

Actually it is a cabinet saw, though it only has a 2hp motor and a two belt
system.