Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default Benches and handedness

I'm in the process of building my own bench, a left-handed version of a
scandenavian style dog-leg bench with the dog leg on the right side and the
tail vise on the left. (pics upcoming).

Anyway, the Christmas edition of the Lie-Nielsen Toolworks catalog showed up
today (drool, drool) and when I opened it, lo and behold, a LN left-handed
workbench on the inside cover. Being left-handed and very sensitized to the
handedness of everyday items, I thought it was interesting that they made,
much less showed in a mass mailing, a left handed workbench (and the
negative wasn't reversed, because their logo is legible on the front of the
bench).

I'm not going to scrap my project in process, because I'm sure that the
overall cost of building it will still be less than the LN bench (which
wasn't priced in the catalog), but I thought it was interesting.

rambling on a tuesday afternoon......

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

noonenparticular wrote:
I'm in the process of building my own bench, a left-handed version of a
scandenavian style dog-leg bench with the dog leg on the right side and the
tail vise on the left. (pics upcoming).

I look forward to the pics - I too am a leftie.

Anyway, the Christmas edition of the Lie-Nielsen Toolworks catalog showed up
today (drool, drool) and when I opened it, lo and behold, a LN left-handed
workbench on the inside cover. Being left-handed and very sensitized to the
handedness of everyday items, I thought it was interesting that they made,
much less showed in a mass mailing, a left handed workbench (and the
negative wasn't reversed, because their logo is legible on the front of the
bench).

I haven't gotten mine yet. grumble Pavlovian response already
started

I'm not going to scrap my project in process, because I'm sure that the
overall cost of building it will still be less than the LN bench (which
wasn't priced in the catalog), but I thought it was interesting.

Maybe you can lift some ideas from the photo.

rambling on a tuesday afternoon......

Rambling's good on Sundays too.

JP
Leftovers.