Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Louis Tentromono

Default drawerslides: anyone ever do this.....?

I just got a new computer and needed to get it
off the floor and into a cabinet. After careful
measurement, I determined that the FF opening
was exactly 20 inches and my CPU 'box' was
around 18.75 inches.

OK. I'm starting to cipher. I want a full extension
tray so I can get to all the cables when I need to
(a definite step up from before). Went to the BORG
and bought a pair of 100#'s.

Got to thinking. If I lay these babies on their sides
(with the drawer side "up") it would only take about
a half-inch of cherished vertical height.

Plus, it a piece-o-cake install.

Thought some more...but would the pair support
100# in that orientation (CPU „ 50lb).

Hmmmm. Don't think so.

IIRC, Norm did something similar when he built
a kitchen island with 'recycling bins' a few years
ago.

Anybody ever try this?

Opinions?

Thanks.