Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

Default OT dangerous dogs

Let me 'splain it this way. Assuming you live inside of town and discharged
a firearm in my neighborhood you would have to worry about me. I damned
well would call the police.

No I am not a bleeding heart, anti-gun liberal. I have two handguns, four
shotguns and a couple of rifles in a safe in the next room. I am also a
bow-hunter. Firing a weapon inside of town is not only dangerous, it leads
to the kind of incidents that escalate into tragedy. One of my old school
mates was treated to a new hip at age 14 because of a poorly aimed shot and
a ricochet.

More food for thought. My wife just finished jury duty. It involved a
gentleman who perceived he was being harrased by three neighborhood boys
(ages 12 - 15) who never even entered his yard (a 2-acre lot). He walked
out on his porch, laid a handgun on the rail and delivered a verbal threat.
He was convicted of assualt - one count for each of three boys. Sentencing
hearing is pending and he can receive 8 or more months for each count. With
the violent nature of our society, gun use is under increasing scrutiny. I
would like to keep mine.

Think!
RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:12:30 -0600, RonB wrote:
Let me 'splain it this way. Assuming you live inside of town and discharged
a firearm in my neighborhood you would have to worry about me. I damned
well would call the police.

Who ya talkin' to, Ron? You didn't give any context or quoting to tell
us.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Fri, Nov 18, 2005, 11:12am (EST-1) (RonB) dideth say:
Let me 'splain it this way. Assuming you live inside of town and
discharged a firearm in my neighborhood you would have to worry about
me. I damned well would call the police. snip

I live about 2 miles out of town, on a loop road. Last night I
heard shots, then 1 shot. Called the sheriff's office. Just as a
deputy got on the phone, heard several more. This was probably around
11:30. Then an hour or so later, another single round. Didn't call
about that one. I was advised to stay in my home. I thought that was
funny, I'm not stupid, I spent 20+ in the Army, and wasn't about to go
out and check what was happening.

I'm a law abiding citizen. If I think it's fireworks, or someone
just shooting off a gun to celebrate a football game, I won't call
(although that is a very stupid thing to do, if you shoot into the air,
after all, those slugs have to come down somewhere). But, I will call
if I don't think that's the case. I also have a loaded wondernine
tucked away next to me on the couch. If I am ever forced to use it,
I'll call the sheriff's office myself. I don't live in the wild west,
and the town is not huge. But, it's getting its dope dealers, and drug
problems. I understand a few weeks ago there was a drug-related
shootout in town. On main street, or so I was told, don't know about
that. Regardless, I don't need some drugee coming to my house, armed,
or shooting into it. If they do, I'm prepared to respond in kind. Fast
response from the law would probably be around 15 minutes, I need to be
able to respond. Same with a mean dog. My neighbor has a couple of
rotweillers. Penned up. They always raise Hell when I take my trash
can out to the road. They're let out once in awhile, and they do roam
at times. But, so far at least, they see me, and they scoot. So, I
haven't said anything to my neighbor, and I haven't called animal
control. I'd talk to the neighbor first. I like dogs, I wouldn't want
to kill one, but if they were coming around regularly, and started
acting aggressively, I'd start packing, and I'd never let them get too
close. And, yes, for the too tight people, I would get in my truck, or
the house, if opportunity offerred.

JOAT
Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

Who ya talkin' to, Ron? You didn't give any context or quoting to tell
us.

Talking to the OP -- "....to just take my trusty SKS and shoot the dog wile
it is trespassing on my property?"

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me if he is in a populated neighborhood.
From his post it sounds like he has neighbors ("..but my neighbors two
houses over keep a dog ....").

(At least I think I posted directly from his orignial post. This one has
taken on life)

RonB

OT dangerous dogs [email protected] Woodworking 16 November 23rd 05 07:15 PM
OT dangerous dogs Toller Woodworking 0 November 17th 05 11:00 PM
OT dangerous dogs alexy Woodworking 2 November 17th 05 10:03 PM
OT dangerous dogs no(SPAM)vasys Woodworking 0 November 17th 05 09:47 PM
OT dangerous dogs Morris Dovey Woodworking 0 November 17th 05 08:38 PM