Posted to rec.woodworking
Amused

Default Pictures of Jigs

I have posted some pictures of jigs I have built in ABPW.

I would be very interested in other specialty jigs that anyone has
constructed.

Enjoy....

James...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:01:27 -0600, "Amused"
wrote:

I have posted some pictures of jigs I have built in ABPW.

I would be very interested in other specialty jigs that anyone has
constructed.

Enjoy....

James...

Thanks, those were quite interesting. I'm having a little trouble
understanding exactly how it is you use the thin strip sliding jig. Do you
have any additional pictures of it in action?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Mark & Juanita
wrote:

I'm having a little trouble
understanding exactly how it is you use the thin strip sliding jig. Do you
have any additional pictures of it in action?

Me too. The conncept is great but I don't quite get the execution.

--
"There is no hell. There is only France." -- Frank Zappa
Posted to rec.woodworking
199.44.49.11

ahhh it's my favorite couple..... Juanita still your sister?

So how does it feel to only be dumb?

wrote:

I have posted some pictures of jigs I have built in ABPW.

I would be very interested in other specialty jigs that anyone has
constructed.

Enjoy....

James...

Thanks, those were quite interesting. I'm having a little trouble
understanding exactly how it is you use the thin strip sliding jig. Do
you
have any additional pictures of it in action?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Amused

wrote:

I have posted some pictures of jigs I have built in ABPW.

I would be very interested in other specialty jigs that anyone has
constructed.

Enjoy....

James...

Thanks, those were quite interesting. I'm having a little trouble
understanding exactly how it is you use the thin strip sliding jig. Do
you
have any additional pictures of it in action?

I wanted to keep the picture size small to keep down bandwidth.

Maybe an explanation will help.

There is the base unit. There is a retaining unit. The base unit sits
directly on top of the saw table and is butted against the saw fence. There
is a 1/2" wide dado that is 1/4" deep, cut the length of the base unit,
about 1" from the right side. The retaining unit has a mated strip that
fits down into the dado, and then the retaining unit is clamped to the
fence. The retaining unit actually sits on top of the base unit.

This allows the base unit to slide back and forth along the fence, but the
dado with the strip acts a guide, keeping the base unit against the saw
fence when the base is moved back and forth.

The entire handle unit is set on a different block, but attached to the base
unit with a continuous hinge. (Piano hinge). This allows the handle unit
to flip to the right. The reason for this is to allow stock that is longer
than the base unit to be cut. The base unit actually acts as a fixed fence
during this phase of the cutting process.

The adjustable foot is attached directly to the handle unit. There is a
simple sliding piece of wood that moves back and forth along the handle
unit.

Awww piffle. This is getting too long. I'll post more pictures later
today. This design has more moving parts than most jigs, but it does work
very well.

I use the jig to produce edging strips.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused
I have posted some pictures of jigs I have built in ABPW.

I would be very interested in other specialty jigs that anyone has
constructed.

Enjoy....

James...
I'm not seeing it. Is there a link for the pix?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Amused

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"joe2" wrote in message

Amused Wrote:
I have posted some pictures of jigs I have built in ABPW.

I would be very interested in other specialty jigs that anyone has
constructed.

Enjoy....

James...

I'm not seeing it. Is there a link for the pix?

--
joe2

Hand-fed Taper (with pictures) Artemia Salina Metalworking 4 September 3rd 05 08:20 AM
Router jigs Sam Berlyn Woodworking 2 November 26th 04 06:34 PM
Question posting pictures Bruce Ferguson Woodturning 3 September 12th 04 01:38 AM
Table Saw Magic - anyone built any of the jigs? john moorhead Woodworking 25 February 18th 04 12:20 PM
Silly Question about Jigs - -- MHaseltine Woodworking 77 January 4th 04 07:15 PM