DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fake Palm trees (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/129260-fake-palm-trees.html)

marc rosen November 14th 05 12:01 AM

Fake Palm trees

Hello Group,
Today I was asked by a freind to make three fake palm tree tops for
them to decorate the tops of some stumps left at their camp property.
Although they will provide the artwork, I was wondering if there are
any "plans" to copy and what type of material should I use? I was
thinking of PT plywood, maybe 1/2" thick. Are any other sheet goods
recommended?
They'll do the painting, they only need someone skilled with a jigsaw.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Marc

DanG November 14th 05 12:35 AM

Fake Palm trees

I realize this is a wood working group, but I would think the
project would be better served with metal sheet. Galvanized tin
for cheap, copper sheet for the rich and famous.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

oups.com...

tom November 14th 05 05:17 AM

Fake Palm trees

Find someone with a palm tree just after they've trimmed it? I know
I've tossed a lot of fronds. Tom