Lance Snyder

Default Delta 37-195 6" Pro Jointer opinions wanted

I'm thinking about treating myself to one of these babies. Before I do
that, I would like to hear some opinions. Amazon sells it for $499.99,
including free shipping. Are there any other comparable jointers in the
same price range that I should consider?

Thanks!

Lance Snyder
Greg G.

Lance Snyder said:

I'm thinking about treating myself to one of these babies. Before I do
that, I would like to hear some opinions. Amazon sells it for $499.99,
including free shipping. Are there any other comparable jointers in the
same price range that I should consider?

Lance, I have one - I like it. Works great. I love the rack and
pinion fence. I like the switch location - some don't. My beds and
fence were/are flat within a few thousandths of an inch.

Some have reported problems with fence warping, but that was a few
years ago. York sells what appears to be an exact clone of the
jointer bed and fence setup. The motor, cabinet and switch are
different from the Delta's. The mechs are both imported - the Delta
has a Made in USA base cabinet. I can't remember _for sure_ who made
the motor, but I believe it's a Marathon. And it may be a different
motor now - I bought mine years ago.

FWIW,

Greg G.
The Woodsmith of Mordor

Lance Snyder wrote:

I'm thinking about treating myself to one of these babies. Before I do
that, I would like to hear some opinions. Amazon sells it for $499.99,
including free shipping. Are there any other comparable jointers in
the same price range that I should consider?

Thanks!

Lance Snyder

Hi, Mr. Snyder. I replied to your post in another thread. Why?
Because I felt like it.

See the "Christmas present" thread for my elaborate response to your
enquiry.

OK THX BYE!

--

The w00dsmith of Mordor

stoutman

Another Lord of the Rings Geek. Get a life kid.

Lance Snyder

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:52:18 -0500, Greg G. wrote:

Lance Snyder said:

[...]

Thanks, Greg. It's always nice to read a testimonial from an actual owner.

Lance Snyder

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:42:46 -0000, The Woodsmith of Mordor wrote:

Lance Snyder wrote:

I'm thinking about treating myself to one of these babies. Before I do
that, I would like to hear some opinions. Amazon sells it for $499.99,
including free shipping. Are there any other comparable jointers in
the same price range that I should consider?

Thanks!

Lance Snyder

Hi, Mr. Snyder. I replied to your post in another thread. Why?
Because I felt like it.

Whatever floats your boat...I guess.

See the "Christmas present" thread for my elaborate response to your
enquiry.

OK THX BYE!

Will do. Thanks.