Junior Member

Location: Shetland
Red face Hello from a stranger.

I will first introduce myself.
At the moment I am under the pseudonym Bresail.
I live on the island of Bressay in Shetland.
I also have a question.
I would like to buy myself a router, there are price constraints, (low pension)
The router will be mostly used for dovetail work.
I have just seen a Jcb 1500w for sale. Would this be good enough for the job?
Any suggestions or alternative advice are welcome.
Steve Peterson

Default Hello from a stranger.

Hi, welcome stranger.

Almost any router, except maybe the knockoff cheapies, will do for making
dovetails, but some will be easier to set up, change bits, etc. If you are
going to use a commercial dovetail fixture, it will probably need guide
bushings, so make sure they are available and good quality. Then make sure
you get good quality bits. Practice on scrap. Good luck. There is almost
nothing better than a router for making sawdust.

Steve

--
bresail

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:24:11 +0100, bresail
wrote:

I will first introduce myself.
At the moment I am under the pseudonym Bresail.
I live on the island of Bressay in Shetland.
I also have a question.
I would like to buy myself a router, there are price constraints, (low
pension)
The router will be mostly used for dovetail work.
I have just seen a Jcb 1500w for sale. Would this be good enough for
the job?
Any suggestions or alternative advice are welcome.

I'd suggest a used quality router over a new cheapie.
http://search.ebay.com/690-router_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8