Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DIYGUY

Default Okay, while everyone is gloating I may as well join in ...

Last month I picked up an Oliver 51K lathe - complete! S/N indicates
it was made around 1932. Must weigh 600#. Go on over to OWWM to see
pix of the beast. It is in pieces in my shed while I strip the ugly
paint off it and rebuild it. Boy is it ever fun to salivate over using
it in a few weeks. They just don't make them like this anymore. ;-}

Oh yeah - the gloat. Owner threw in over 100 b.f. of 20+ year old 4/4
cherry, a dozen turning chisels, skews, rounds etc. Price? Er, excuse
me - $300. LATWTTB...