Morris Dovey

Default Workhorse/Sawbench

I knocked together a couple more three-legged horses today and thought
they might be useful to at least a few other woodworkers. Pix on ABPW.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

NorthIdahoWWer

That's a cool design. Do the legs fold up? If not, it looks like that
could be an option. I need to build some more portable horseys soon and I
like the design.

Will

Morris Dovey

Han (in ) said:

| "Morris Dovey" wrote in news:TRK5f.2$op3.149
| @news.uswest.net:
|
|| NorthIdahoWWer (in ) said:
||| That's a cool design. Do the legs fold up? If not, it looks like
||| that could be an option. I need to build some more portable
||| horseys soon and I like the design.
|| Thanks, the design has worked pretty well for me. It'd be fairly
|| easy to make the single leg fold; but I haven't found a good way
|| to fold the other two.
|| A taller, short-topped version makes a fairly decent stand for some
|| bench top tools.
|| --
|| Morris Dovey
|
| I should be able to figure out how to design and lay out the parts
| for your horses, but I am lazy. Do you have any plans to share for
| this wonderful Morris Horse?

Han...

If you like it as you see it, the only info you need is:

[1] The bipod legs and top pieces are 30" long
[2] The front leg should be just long enough to reach the ground.
[3] The spreader should be cut to fit (~11" on the short side).
[4] All not-square angles are 10 degrees off-square.

If you'd like a detailed plan with step-by-step directions and
construction photos, I can put it together (but probably not for a
week or two). If you'd really be more comfortable with a plan to work
from, let me know.

With three legs, you can make it stand crooked - but you can't make it
wobble. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

Sorry, group newbie here. Can you advise how to find "ABPW" to see pix?

nospambob

www.delorie.com/wood archives both binaries.

On 20 Oct 2005 10:36:10 -0700, "vdubbs" wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:
(in
) said:

| Sorry, group newbie here. Can you advise how to find "ABPW" to see
| pix?

No problem. Here's a definition and link:

ABPW ::= news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

I only have access through google groups and that group does not exist
via google.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:50:07 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

I knocked together a couple more three-legged horses today and thought
they might be useful to at least a few other woodworkers. Pix on ABPW.

I'd like to see that. somehow, your picture hasn't shown up on abpw on
my newsserver, nor on http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/ so far, though
I do see a reply to your pic on my server.

any chance of a repost?

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:36:00 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

(in )
said:

| any chance of a repost?

Done.

thanks.

interesting design. how well do they stack?