Joe Gorman

Default A small wood gloat...

Archangel wrote:
I finally managed to attend the Timber Framers Guild
Eastern conference this year and in addition to making
several valuable contacts at the benefit auction SWMBO
and I picked up 1000 BF of T&G Cypress flooring for $700.

Looks like we won't be living on sub-floor after all...

The flooring was donated by Gary Norton of The Timber Shop
in Summerville, SC. Gary will piggy back the load on another
delivery he has coming up to the north east and will also supply
the 2" T&G SYP we planned on using for the 2nd story flooring.

On the down side we arrive home at 5:15pm on Sunday to find a 20'
wide 4'+ deep trench eroded through driveway and 30 shop vac
loads of water flooding my father's basement (where 1/2 of our
belongings are/were stored waiting the completion of our house).

Do you have any other information about the Timber Shop? I can't find it
in the Charleston,Sc directory. I'll see if we still have the
Summerville book when I get home tonight.
Joe
Joe Gorman

Archangel wrote:
Joe Gorman wrote:

Archangel wrote:

snip

Do you have any other information about the Timber Shop? I can't find it
in the Charleston,Sc directory. I'll see if we still have the
Summerville book when I get home tonight.
Joe

The Timber Shop
- Specializing in timber and products for timber frame homes.
- Featuring Southern Yellow Pine (#1 dense), Cypress, and
- FOHC Douglas Fir.

1305-C N. Main St., #221
Summerville, SC 29483

I've got Gary Norton's business card, he handles the East Coast.
843-906-4385

They've got a single web page that ATM says little more than the
card and lists three contact email adresses.
http://www.thetimbershop.com/

They have a good reputation with the Guild membership.

thank you, they're too new for the latest phone book, but right on the
Goodwill route home.
Joe
Joe Gorman

Archangel wrote:
Joe Gorman wrote:

Archangel wrote:

snip

Do you have any other information about the Timber Shop? I can't find it
in the Charleston,Sc directory. I'll see if we still have the
Summerville book when I get home tonight.
Joe

The Timber Shop
- Specializing in timber and products for timber frame homes.
- Featuring Southern Yellow Pine (#1 dense), Cypress, and
- FOHC Douglas Fir.

1305-C N. Main St., #221
Summerville, SC 29483

I've got Gary Norton's business card, he handles the East Coast.
843-906-4385

They've got a single web page that ATM says little more than the
card and lists three contact email adresses.
http://www.thetimbershop.com/

They have a good reputation with the Guild membership.

Thank you, they're too new for the latest phone book. And it's only a
few miles from home.
Joe