Scott

Default Small single piece dovetail jig question

A few days ago I saw a small little one piece jig that was for handcut
dovetails listed in this NG. It is similar to the Aust one advertised on
EBay, but not as crude as it is. I think one of the catalogs has it, but I
can't find it. Are any of you familiar with it? I hope I described it
adequately. Thanks for your help.

Bruce Barnett

"Scott" writes:

A few days ago I saw a small little one piece jig that was for handcut
dovetails listed in this NG. It is similar to the Aust one advertised on
EBay, but not as crude as it is. I think one of the catalogs has it, but I
can't find it. Are any of you familiar with it? I hope I described it
adequately. Thanks for your help.

I've seen a few different models.

1) Saddle squares:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...936,50298&ap=1

2) Dovetail markers:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...936,50298&ap=1

3) I've seen one that looks like a double square, but it's fixed.
One side has the 1:6 (or 1:5) ratio, the other is 1:8 ratio.
There is one on this page

http://www.fine-tools.com/schmie.htm

4) which also has the Dovetail saw guide made by VERITAS

So that's 4 different ones I found.

Here's another one like #3:

http://www.europeanhandtools.com/Ric...l_products.htm