DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Toilet Tissue (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/123763-ot-toilet-tissue.html)

John October 6th 05 03:51 PM

OT Toilet Tissue

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

Andy October 6th 05 04:35 PM

Do you wad or fold?

dadiOH October 6th 05 05:03 PM

Andy wrote:
Do you wad or fold?

Fold, wipe, fold again, wipe...etc. I'm frugal :)

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Leon October 6th 05 06:08 PM

"John" wrote in message
What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I would think that only the "AR" types would want to know.

George October 6th 05 08:04 PM

"John" wrote in message
What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I know what kind Fidel uses - if he uses the local product.

More like crepe paper than crap paper, it stretches, which makes the lack of
perforations even more exciting.

Not very soft, either. Guess that's why he's considered a hard ass?

Lew Hodgett October 6th 05 08:12 PM

dadiOH wrote:

Fold, wipe, fold again, wipe...etc. I'm frugal :)

Reminds me of the time my dad told me about red corn cobs and white corn
cobs for the 2 holer out back.

The question:

Why both red and white corn cobs?

The answer:

You use a red one first, then a white one to see if you need to use
another red one.

Lew

John DeBoo October 6th 05 08:28 PM

George wrote:
"John" wrote in message

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I know what kind Fidel uses - if he uses the local product.

More like crepe paper than crap paper, it stretches, which makes the lack of
perforations even more exciting.

Not very soft, either. Guess that's why he's considered a hard ass?

I thought he used Star Trek TP, the kind that wipes out the Klingons as
it circles Uranus?

SawDust October 6th 05 11:59 PM

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:28:59 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

George wrote:
"John" wrote in message

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I know what kind Fidel uses - if he uses the local product.

More like crepe paper than crap paper, it stretches, which makes the lack of
perforations even more exciting.

Not very soft, either. Guess that's why he's considered a hard ass?

I thought he used Star Trek TP, the kind that wipes out the Klingons as
it circles Uranus?

That makes sense.... He does have a big spread down in crawford....

Larry Blanchard October 7th 05 12:29 AM

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:51:29 -0500, John wrote:

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I don't know, but if it's as bad as the stuff they provided in the motel
we just stayed in, it'd explain a lot :-).

Gerald Ross October 7th 05 01:26 AM

George wrote:
"John" wrote in message
What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I know what kind Fidel uses - if he uses the local product.

More like crepe paper than crap paper, it stretches, which makes the lack of
perforations even more exciting.

Not very soft, either. Guess that's why he's considered a hard ass?

Sounds like the type they use in Sicily. I call it non-skid TP.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I call things as I see them; If I
didn't see them, I make them up!

John B October 7th 05 01:50 AM

George wrote:
"John" wrote in message

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I know what kind Fidel uses - if he uses the local product.

More like crepe paper than crap paper, it stretches, which makes the lack of
perforations even more exciting.

Not very soft, either. Guess that's why he's considered a hard ass?

Try the John Wayne Brand
It's Rough
It's Tough
and
it
don't
Take **** from nobody.
;)
John

Mark & Juanita October 7th 05 04:56 AM

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:03:55 GMT, "dadiOH" wrote:

Andy wrote:
Do you wad or fold?

Fold, wipe, fold again, wipe...etc. I'm frugal :)

Note to self: Don't shake hands with dadiOH

George October 7th 05 12:19 PM

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:51:29 -0500, John wrote:

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

I don't know, but if it's as bad as the stuff they provided in the motel
we just stayed in, it'd explain a lot :-).

One thing that all we soft-assed USA folks need to include in our kit
especially when going overseas.

Soviets, and I presume the Russians, printed their newspapers with
not-transferring ink so it could be re-used. Of course, with Pravda, the
re-use was remarkably similar to the first use....

Michael Beacom October 7th 05 12:44 PM

In article ,
(John) wrote:

What brand does George Bush use? Hell, makes as much sense as some other
recent subjects here.

That information is classified- and you have no need to know...

XeSwA October 8th 05 08:24 PM

OT Toilet Tissue

One up, One down and one to polish.

J T October 10th 05 06:59 AM

OT Toilet Tissue

Thu, Oct 6, 2005, 7:12pm (EDT+4)
(Lew*Hodgett) doth write:
snip The question:
Why both red and white corn cobs?
The answer:
You use a red one first, then a white one to see if you need to use
another red one.

Back in my first enlistment, a WWII vet (some were still serving
then), told me the following:
He was on a troop ship to Europe, and the ship hit a batch of storms.
They were delayed so long they had to ration certain item, including
toilet paper. They were issued one square a day. The reasoning was,
tear out the center, and use that part to blow your nose. Then you
stick your finger thru the hole, and use as needed. You then saved the
part with the hole in it, just in case you had to go again before you
were issued another piece.

He swore that was true, and, as he was a very honest man, I believe
it was so.

JOAT
The Truth Shall Set Ye Frea

George October 10th 05 11:34 AM

OT Toilet Tissue

"J T" wrote in message
Thu, Oct 6, 2005, 7:12pm (EDT+4)
(Lew Hodgett) doth write:
snip The question:
Why both red and white corn cobs?
The answer:
You use a red one first, then a white one to see if you need to use
another red one.

Back in my first enlistment, a WWII vet (some were still serving
then), told me the following:
He was on a troop ship to Europe, and the ship hit a batch of storms.
They were delayed so long they had to ration certain item, including
toilet paper. They were issued one square a day. The reasoning was,
tear out the center, and use that part to blow your nose. Then you
stick your finger thru the hole, and use as needed. You then saved the
part with the hole in it, just in case you had to go again before you
were issued another piece.

He swore that was true, and, as he was a very honest man, I believe
it was so.

You forgot one part. The tissue square was folded before the center was
torn away as a corner. That part was used for cleaning under the
fingernail....

Dad used to tell that one. Did a nice demo with his clothes on at parties,
IIRC.

John DeBoo October 10th 05 04:19 PM

OT Toilet Tissue

J T wrote:
Thu, Oct 6, 2005, 7:12pm (EDT+4)
(Lew Hodgett) doth write:
snip The question:
Why both red and white corn cobs?
The answer:
You use a red one first, then a white one to see if you need to use
another red one.

Back in my first enlistment, a WWII vet (some were still serving
then), told me the following:
He was on a troop ship to Europe, and the ship hit a batch of storms.
They were delayed so long they had to ration certain item, including
toilet paper. They were issued one square a day. The reasoning was,
tear out the center, and use that part to blow your nose. Then you
stick your finger thru the hole, and use as needed. You then saved the
part with the hole in it, just in case you had to go again before you
were issued another piece.

He swore that was true, and, as he was a very honest man, I believe
it was so.

And the fragment you tore out was used to clean you fingernail, right? :-)
John