Vic Baron

Default rail and stile bit problem

I'm using a one piece rail/stile bit in a router table altho I think I'd
have the same problem with a two bit set.

I can cut the stiles fine. I can cut either the end grain or the length cut
on the rail with no problem. My problem seems to be with the *second* cut on
the rail. For example - I cut the profile on the end grain of the rail - on
my bit this is good side down. Next I want to cut the profile along the
length of the rail - adjust the bit as required - this cut is good side
face up. Make the cut -

When the bit meets the end cut profile I get a slightly deeper cut - it
looks like the bearing surface loses contact. FWIW. I've used a fence in
line with the bearing and no fence at all - same issue. I'm guessing it's a
matter of technique but I'm puzzled.

Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Vic Baron

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Teamcasa

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
[...]

Make sure you use good downward pressure when running stock through the
router table. A flat table is a must for repeatable cuts and setups.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Vic Baron

Make sure you use good downward pressure when running stock through the
router table. A flat table is a must for repeatable cuts and setups.
Dave

Made me think a bit Dave and you hit the nail on the head. I'm pushing too
hard *against* the bit as opposed to downward on the table. If I use a sled
with a clamp, I think I can solve the problem.

Thanx!

Teamcasa

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
. ..
Make sure you use good downward pressure when running stock through the
router table. A flat table is a must for repeatable cuts and setups.
Dave

Made me think a bit Dave and you hit the nail on the head. I'm pushing too
hard *against* the bit as opposed to downward on the table. If I use a
sled
with a clamp, I think I can solve the problem.

Thanx!

I aim to please.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com