BillyBob

Default Another new plane from Lee Valley

I gotta stop this addiction. My birthday was in September. This causes my
twitchy fingers to go to the Lee Valley web page and click "What's new" and
then start clicking "add to wish list".

Lee Valley has a new router plane, complete with fancy optional fence.
They're going to put all the ebay vintage sellers out of business if they
keep doing stuff like this. :-)

Bob

BillyBob

"Ba r r y" wrote in message

Boy, do I love my Veritas planes. The good part about the hype on
eBay is that I can sell my old Stanleys as Veritas replacements become
available. Even though the antiques work fine, the Veritas versions
often have features that make them just "plane" better, at a fair
price.

You clicked an idea in my brain that did not exist. I came across some good
old Stanleys locally at good user prices. I've been thinking that I cannot
justify buying an excellent Veritas, if I've got a decent old Stanley. So
maybe I could join the hype, sell a couple of old Stanleys and buy a new
Veritas. Like you, I use the old Stanleys. I don't collect them.

Bob

AAvK

I gotta stop this addiction. My birthday was in September. This causes my
twitchy fingers to go to the Lee Valley web page and click "What's new" and
then start clicking "add to wish list".

Lee Valley has a new router plane, complete with fancy optional fence.
They're going to put all the ebay vintage sellers out of business if they
keep doing stuff like this. :-)

Bob

That's incredible! I never would have expected that in this day and age... awesome!
Great price too.

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Gordon Airporte

DON'T USE THOSE! Hang on to your Veritas planes; they'll be collectors'
items one day and you don't want to mar their condition.
Lee Michaels

"Gordon Airporte" warned us

DON'T USE THOSE! Hang on to your Veritas planes; they'll be collectors'
items one day and you don't want to mar their condition.

Not to worry.

Most of us will be dead and in the ground by the time that happens.

Lowell Holmes

"Gordon Airporte" wrote in message
DON'T USE THOSE! Hang on to your Veritas planes; they'll be collectors'
items one day and you don't want to mar their condition.

Well, buy two of each, one to use and one to save. :-)

--
Lowell Holmes

Layne

More reason to be a Neander! Now if we can get them to make a #45
replica that's cheaper than the Clifton...

Layne