Mark & Juanita

Default Kind of optimistic?

Ran across this (you'll need to fix the line wrap):
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/p...assifieds.cgi?
search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=114428&query =retrieval

Looking at it, I'd say there's probably enough work in it to justify the
price, but given that it's made out of pine and unfinished, I'd also say
that he is pretty optimistic if he thinks that he'll get $50 for it.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news

Ran across this (you'll need to fix the line wrap):
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/p...assifieds.cgi?
search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=114428&query =retrieval

Looking at it, I'd say there's probably enough work in it to justify the
price, but given that it's made out of pine and unfinished, I'd also say
that he is pretty optimistic if he thinks that he'll get $50 for it.

He is targeting a specific market. The right person will gladly pay the
price. Would I? No, but I don't collect 1/64 scale tractor models.

What's wrong with pine? It specifically fits the target market.

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:05:50 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news

Ran across this (you'll need to fix the line wrap):
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/p...assifieds.cgi?
search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=114428&query =retrieval

Looking at it, I'd say there's probably enough work in it to justify the
price, but given that it's made out of pine and unfinished, I'd also say
that he is pretty optimistic if he thinks that he'll get $50 for it.

He is targeting a specific market. The right person will gladly pay the
price. Would I? No, but I don't collect 1/64 scale tractor models.

What's wrong with pine? It specifically fits the target market.

Nothing wrong with pine, although you might be underestimating the target
market; a nice maple would probably also attract buyers. My comment
regarding the pine is that pine is generally a less-expensive furniture
wood.