Default br111 brazilian cherry

I had br111 brazilian cherry installed last week but have some
questions. It was glued down to a concrete floor. However, there are
a few hollow sounding spots and a few spots where the floor actually
"gives" a bit when you walk over it. What can I do and how can I hold
the installer responsible. Is this to be expected with this type of
installation? How can this be fixed?

Clint

Well, my first thought was put down a piece of tape, drill through the tape
(and floor) with a small drill bit, and inject some epoxy into the cavity.
I have NO idea if this is a good idea or not, but it's my inclination.

--
Clint
wrote in message
ups.com...
I had br111 brazilian cherry installed last week but have some
questions. It was glued down to a concrete floor. However, there are
a few hollow sounding spots and a few spots where the floor actually
"gives" a bit when you walk over it. What can I do and how can I hold
the installer responsible. Is this to be expected with this type of
installation? How can this be fixed?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Clint" wrote in message
Well, my first thought was put down a piece of tape, drill through the
tape (and floor) with a small drill bit, and inject some epoxy into the
cavity. I have NO idea if this is a good idea or not, but it's my
inclination.

That was my second though. My first is to just leave it alone. The
concrete floor is probably not perfect and the wood sprung before hte glue
could set. I have a few spots like that and nothing has come of them after
a few years.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Clint" wrote in message
Well, my first thought was put down a piece of tape, drill through the
tape (and floor) with a small drill bit, and inject some epoxy into the
cavity. I have NO idea if this is a good idea or not, but it's my
inclination.

That was my second though. My first is to just leave it alone. The
concrete floor is probably not perfect and the wood sprung before hte glue
could set. I have a few spots like that and nothing has come of them after
a few years.

Depending on the type of glue that was used you might be able to
put something heavy on the springy spot for a week or so and it
might stick thereafter. I had a threshold that walked around
for a couple of months befor it finally stuck. It was slightly
cupped, concave down, until it stuck. My guess is that was
due to moisture in the mastic and when the mastic dried the
threshold straightend out and stuck.

Latex mastics, under flooring can stay a little sticky for a
long time.

--

FF

Color of Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) calberto22 Woodworking 11 March 4th 05 03:15 AM
Painting Cherry, HELP CurtisJon Woodworking 12 February 28th 05 05:23 PM
Cost of Cherry Jerry Woodworking 57 February 21st 05 06:28 PM
Fuming Cherry? Dave Jackson Woodworking 4 November 28th 04 09:44 AM
Advice needed on Cherry table top Jerry Woodworking 7 March 26th 04 05:28 PM