willr

Default Spray Painting - Latex

Spray Painting Latex Primer on walls and ceiling etc... To be used later
for finishing furniture...

I will be buying a compressor anyway soon so I am thinking I may be able
to use it for painting on a renovation job....

This compressor
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=195&ID=11848

Maybe in this combo kit...
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=196&ID=978

Accessory kit...
http://www.kingcanada.com/Accessories.htm?ID=2529

spray gun...
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?ID=11833

Suction style Spray Gun -- HVLP..
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?ID=11834

Has anyone tried this style of gun for latex paint?...

Is there a better style of gun for Latex application on walls and
ceilings? This is hopefully a one time job, and the HVLP gun will be
used for lacquer application on furniture later.

---
Will
Robatoy

In article ,
willr wrote:

Is there a better style of gun for Latex application on walls and
ceilings? This is hopefully a one time job, and the HVLP gun will be
used for lacquer application on furniture later.

Been there. Rent an airless for the latex. Air-atomization of latex is
problematic unless you thin it a lot. Some are worse than others.
I have tried and tried to spray latex with normal equipment...never
happy.
Rented an Titan airless from my paint store...un-be-frickin-believable.
Went out and bought one. Virtually no overspray. Great texture. Very
fast. Cleanup is not hard once you develop a few tricks.

The only thing remotely related to latex that I do spray on a regular
basis with my HVLP equipment, is Benjamin Moore clear latex-based
lacquer.... but it was designed to be sprayed with regular equipment.
willr

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
willr wrote:

Is there a better style of gun for Latex application on walls and
ceilings? This is hopefully a one time job, and the HVLP gun will be
used for lacquer application on furniture later.

Been there. Rent an airless for the latex. Air-atomization of latex is
problematic unless you thin it a lot. Some are worse than others.
I have tried and tried to spray latex with normal equipment...never
happy.
Rented an Titan airless from my paint store...un-be-frickin-believable.
Went out and bought one. Virtually no overspray. Great texture. Very
fast. Cleanup is not hard once you develop a few tricks.

The only thing remotely related to latex that I do spray on a regular
basis with my HVLP equipment, is Benjamin Moore clear latex-based
lacquer.... but it was designed to be sprayed with regular equipment.

Good advice -- will do so...
Joseph Connors

Which model Titan did you go with? Does it work well with other
materials (ie Laquer, stains, ect)? Thanks!

Robatoy wrote:

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
Robatoy

In article ,
Joseph Connors wrote:

Which model Titan did you go with? Does it work well with other
materials (ie Laquer, stains, ect)? Thanks!

The one I rented was a 6xx-something. Bigger than the 330 model I ended
up buying.
I have not tried anything other than latex. I spray lacquer with a
conventional HVLP gun. and stains with a 25-dollar syphon-style crappy
gun.