Roy

Default Need replacement blade for Stanley #11 Beltmakers Plane - Where???

I've googled, checked Stanley. No clue as to what the blade looks like. Any suggestions as to
where else I might look? The plane belongs to my FIL, and I "borrowed" it from his basement.
Trying to clean it up, wax it, and restore it to a somewhat admirable condition. I suppose he might
know where the original blade is kept, but it would be kind of obvious I was up to something if I
asked if he still had it.

My wife wants to surprise him with it when she visits again in about a month.

No, I'm not going to keep it.

If you try to email me, note that there must be an RP in front of the 77469 in the email address.
TIA for any info you could supply.

Roy

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:38:28 GMT, Roy wrote:

I've googled, checked Stanley. No clue as to what the blade looks like.

I can't vouch for originality, but the bog-standard iron from a wider
Stanley bench plane (4 1/2, 5 1/2, 6, 7) fits and works fine.

There's some stuff here
http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan2.htm#num11
but clearly Patrick Leach has never actually used one of these things
for skiving leather. They're not just useful for belting.
Roy

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I

will follow up on the leads. If nothing else, I have the option of springing for a Hoch blade for
myself, and donate one of my old user blades to my FIL for his display piece.