elmer

Default wood gray marks

How can I get rid of gray stops on wood? Should I use bleach?

Tom Banes

Help us.

What wood? What finish? What was cause of "stops", meaning "strips",
I hope.

TLI (too little information).

Don't use bleach until you know WTF is going on! Bleach is good,
bleach is great. Bleach can foul up wood to a degree that you can't
imagine. It can literally dissolve the fiber (i.e. destroy the wood).

More data required.

On 15 Sep 2005 18:54:27 -0700, "elmer" wrote:

How can I get rid of gray stops on wood? Should I use bleach?

elmer

Graying is from weathering where the finish was worn off.

elmer

Graying is from weathering where the finish was worn off."stops"
should read spots. Sorry.

Guess who

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:10:44 -0500, Tom Banes
wrote:

Help us.

What wood? What finish? What was cause of "stops", meaning "strips",
I hope.

TLI (too little information).

Don't use bleach until you know WTF is going on! Bleach is good,
bleach is great. Bleach can foul up wood to a degree that you can't
imagine. It can literally dissolve the fiber (i.e. destroy the wood).

More data required.

I think he means dry mold. I don't know what to do with that either,
except I've seen it simply used as is in cheap flea-market finish it
yourself "furniture".

Stephen M

See, that's an important detail.

You left the furniture outdoors. Bleach will not solve the problem. Sand an
refinish. The really good news is that you get to do this roughly every
other year for exterior "furniture".

Even the best exterior clearcoat products are good for about 2 years before
recoating is necessary.

Your other options are paint or lear to like a natural silvery gray.

_Steve

"elmer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Graying is from weathering where the finish was worn off.

dadiOH

elmer wrote:
Graying is from weathering where the finish was worn off."stops"
should read spots. Sorry.

In that case, sand and refinish.

--
dadiOH