Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
warbler

Default Jet Headache

I have a Jet Supersaw with a sliding fence. Been generally pretty
happy with it but made the bonehead move to upgrade the fence by
purchasing Jet's Xacta Fence II, rail system and extension table. I
spec'd all the parts after extensive discussions with a Jet customer
service rep. The owner's manual bears no resemblence to the parts
receive. The mounting instructions for the rail don't conform to the
design of the table saw. Now that I've disassembled my current rail
system to set this up, I am now realizing that the product design for
this upgrade was done by some drunk engineer. Now I am trying to get
Jet to explain the set-up (or take the stuff back) and can't get anyone
who really understands the product.

Has anyone had a similar experience. Any recommendations?