Jay Pique

Default Jet CTS (contractor's table saw)

Not long ago I purchased a Jet JWTS-10JF Contractor Style Table Saw.
I've used it only for a few simple rips and a couple of crosscuts just
to get a feel for the way it cuts as-is. It's not pretty. In fact,
it's downright ugly. Time to go to work...

Today I had planned to fully tune and upgrade the saw with PALS, a
link-belt, Boeshield, Johnson's Paste Wax and a brand-spankin'-new
Table Saw Aligner Jr. from Mr. Bennett. (Review to follow.) It's now
7:02pm and the saw is completely disassembled and it doesn't look as
though it's going to magically reassemble itself tonight.

Question #1 - The bottom of the cast iron table has some slight rusting
on the edges as well as in some of the nooks and crannies. I'd like to
first and foremost put a halt to further rusting, but I'm certainly not
averse to removing the existing rust either. Should I fire up the
electrolysis pit? How about that paint that you spray over light rust?
Should I strip the entire bottom (StripEze) and prime/paint it again?

Mare See Bo Coo.
Jacques Poirot
************************************
If it ain't broke, make it better.

DDG

I'd recommend looking at 'OSPHO'(http://www.ospho.com/) it is a rust
treatment, goes on like paint with the consistancy of water. It will bond
with light rust to stop it. Should work great for this application. Good
luck on your saw I've been through some of it on my Craftsman but didn't
us the PALS opted for a framing square, still works much better.

"Jay Pique" wrote in news:1124752211.323772.164740
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

[...]

Jay Pique

Question #1 - I've decided against stripping and repainting, and
I'm simply going to remove as much rust as I can with a small brass
brush and steel wool. Then I'm going to apply a couple of heavy coats
of Boeshield to the bottom and edges and be done with it.

Jacques