Default Older unisaw has different arbor threads?

I have a 1950's Unisaw, and bought one of the Delta knurled replacement
arbor nuts. I'm not sure if it's the 36-659 or 36-660, but both the nut
and the arbor have left-hand threads.

Anyway, although the original arbor nut threads on and off quite
easily, the replacement doesn't. Like I can't get it on at all. Are the
arbor threads different on the older saws? Maybe I just need to find a
die and run the threads... what's the thread size?

Thanks,
Heath

Markem

On 17 Aug 2005 12:16:40 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a 1950's Unisaw, and bought one of the Delta knurled replacement
arbor nuts. I'm not sure if it's the 36-659 or 36-660, but both the nut
and the arbor have left-hand threads.

Anyway, although the original arbor nut threads on and off quite
easily, the replacement doesn't. Like I can't get it on at all. Are the
arbor threads different on the older saws? Maybe I just need to find a
die and run the threads... what's the thread size?

If that does not work try http://www.sawcenter.com/. I obtained a
replacement nut there for a 1948 model Unisaw which works.

Mark
Duane Bozarth

John Martin wrote:

I think you'll find it's left hand, and not a standard V form thread.
Each of which will make it pretty tough to find a die to fit. But
maybe you'll get lucky.

I'd spend some time instead finding the correct nut. And, before I'd
even think about cutting new threads on the arbor, I'd consider tapping
the nut to the correct thread.

John Martin

Every tablesaw arbor I've seen is an Acme thread or variant thereof..

My Unisaw Saga DonkeyHody Woodworking 22 March 6th 04 05:41 PM
I'm dreaming of a white Unisaw. Jay Pique Woodworking 20 January 13th 04 03:06 PM
Unisaw restoration project: good idea or money pit? Heath Roberts Woodworking 21 December 3rd 03 11:57 PM
Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5 Joe Nation Woodworking 7 November 26th 03 03:23 AM